Most things look easy to work on...CX-5

Kedis82ZE8

'15 CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
Just looking around it seems most maintenance items from fluids to bulbs seem easy to do on the CX-5. I highly appreciate that.

What items have some found more challenging?

It appears the main belt has an auto tensioner on it. I know having that on my G makes belts swaps super easy.

Just looking around it seems most maintenance items from fluids to bulbs seem easy to do on the CX-5. I highly appreciate that.

What items have some found more challenging?

It appears the main belt has an auto tensioner on it. I know having that on my G makes belts swaps super easy.

And this tool makes it even easier than that-
3yhe3uje.jpg
I've been thinking of adding this to my emergency trunk kit, as it's sitting in my gargage/shed collecting dust [emoji26] I can't think of any maintenance that's harder than an average car. Even removing the front bumper was easy. Brakes were easy. I can't attest to transmission and differential fluids, my CX-5 is too new for that. Maybe cleaning out the radiator and condenser of the million of bugs you'll accumulate from the huge gaping mouth?! [emoji43] Mesh or screened grill guards will prevent this, btw (thumb). Maybe Integrating an aftermarket radio into a Bose equipped CX-5? And Redbaron on this forum has this answered. I know, this is not not "maintenance" but now I'm reaching...

Last edited:
The suspension is easy to work with as well once you chanve the springs and add Ultra Racing chassis and a tighter rear sway.

Back