BI-Xenons bright

Kedis82ZE8

'15 CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:) The wife hadn't driven the CX in dark and thought the high beams were on. I told her they were brighter than the G's Bi-Xenons.

I must have missed this on the manual about how to make AUTO dim function work on gauges and display. I apologize if this is common knowledge but might be help to a new buyer. Make sure instrument panel brightness isn't on max setting or lights won't auto-dim when headlights are turned on.

Instrument cluster dimming has nothing to do with bi-xenons...

I know... just something we discovered. I should not have mixed that in with my post.

I do enjoy the Bi-Xenons. They are much brighter than the ones in my '07 G35x. I am glad they also have the AFS functionality as I have grown accustomed to that feature in my G

Ah OK, I got confused at your post LOL.
Mazda's HIDs have been incredible, equal to the luxury brands.

Can the Bi-Xenons be put in a non-Tech packaged 2015 CX-5 Touring, or any other recommended bulb that is brighter and whiter than the standard halogens??

Can the Bi-Xenons be put in a non-Tech packaged 2015 CX-5 Touring, or any other recommended bulb that is brighter and whiter than the standard halogens??

The OEM AFS bi-xenon headlight assemblies could be bought and installed, but without a factory installation you would not have the AFS capabilities. I havent heard of anyone getting the AFS to work in a CX-5 without the tech package however. Computers and sensors all work together to make the lights turn into the corner, and to get it all working correctly would probably cost more than the technology package itself. You can go aftermarket HID with your factory projector lenses without an issue or blinding oncoming glare with proper headlight aiming, despite what some folks here will tell you who read too much, and not experiment enough. It's been done and proven, but I would recommend a good quality kit and proper research on your own. http://www.theretrofitsource.com is a good place to start. Good luck!

believe it or not, the availability of the bi-xenons was a big part of what drew my wife and I to the CX-5 in the first place. We were buying a crossover for her, and she has bad vision at night, and we didn't want to spend more than $30k - the Mazda was the only one that offered them at that price point (and it didn't hurt that we liked the rest of the car too!). You can get them on the Santa Fe Sport and Forester, but they require very expensive packages that push the price well into the $30ks.

I would say the $1600 Mazda tech package really is worth it for the xenons alone. They're brighter and better than we had even hoped.

Back