Full Cargo Liner

particleman

:
CX-5 Touring AWD, Tech package, Metro Grey
For those that are interested in a cargo liner, I searched high and low for a cargo liner custom fit for the CX-5 that also covers the seat backs. I have a lab that sheds like crazy and my seatbacks look like the inside of a dog crate. Turns out there is a company that makes a custom liner for the CX-5, and I found it only after searching the whole Mazdas247 Forum. Some Mazda5 guys were posting about this company for their cars:

http://stores.canvasback.com/servlet/-strse-287/Mazda-cln-CX5%3Cbr%3E2013-dsh-2014/Detail

Anyone else know about this company? Any experiences with this liner? Some other companies appeared to have custom liners, but they didn't make one for the CX-5.

Mazda makes this one, I got one for mine. I will post a pic tomorrow, it covers from the top of the back seat down the back and then across the floor.
Also has a velcro on flap to cover the bumper when loading or a pet jumping in the back. I have this one under the weather tech floor liner.

Part number is 0000-8K-R05. Type in Cx 5 soft cargo liner in search box on amazon for images

Hi, I was in the same situation as you, I have a 90lb yellow Lab. :) Love him to bits, but his hair is everywhere - it drives me nuts ...

I bought the OEM full cargo liner from Mazda, its perfect. It covers the cargo area, the back of the seats (and you can still fold them, split ... ) and it also has a flap that folds out over the rear bumper, to protect it from scratches when the dog jumps in or when you lift things into it.

I am very happy with it, highly recommend it!

http://mazdagear.com/cargo-liner-soft---cx-5.aspx

How much does the Mazda liner cost? I might be canceling my order for the other liner...

I bought my authentic Mazda cargo liner from Amazon for $90-something with free Prime shipping.

Wow that is nice how it covers the bumper. I wish I had seen that before buying the cargo mat. How well does it adhere to the carpet? Ie, if I scoot a box or luggage it doesn't scrunch up right?

I, like some of the others in this forum, have the full OEM cargo liner and then have the OEM cargo tray over top the liner for extra spill and puncture protection. We're a hockey family and are carrying around hockey equipment and sticks with the rear seats up and down all the time. The combination of the two has been fantastic for us; although, for less strenuous use, one or the other (cargo liner or cargo tray) would probably suffice.

Wow that is nice how it covers the bumper. I wish I had seen that before buying the cargo mat. How well does it adhere to the carpet? Ie, if I scoot a box or luggage it doesn't scrunch up right?
The part that covers the back of the seats tucks under the the headrest release buttons and everything else velcros down. It doesn't seem that movable once in place however I have the cargo tray on top of it and it is definitely completely secure. I have no worries of things moving about and the tray seems like the back can take some abuse. I should mention that in my case, after loading (unloading) the back, I flip the bumper guard back in. It is weighted down on the edge that flips over the bumper so nothing scrunches while loading. I've hauled lumber with it (in addition to letting my dogs jump in.)

Last edited:
The part that covers the back of the seats tucks under the the headrest release buttons and everything else velcros down. It doesn't seem that movable once in place however I have the cargo tray on top of it and it is definitely completely secure. I have no worries of things moving about and the tray seems like the back can take some abuse. I should mention that in my case, after loading (unloading) the back, I flip the bumper guard back in. It is weighted down on the edge that flips over the bumper so nothing scrunches while loading. I've hauled lumber with it (in addition to letting my dogs jump in.)

Forget the liner and everything else, those are some beautiful dogs!! Congrats! Now, that is family.

Thanks. They put up with me and in return they are spoiled and even got themselves a car.

That is awesome dude. I love my dogs too, four of them, they're small though, and we spoil them too. I just love dogs, unconditional loyal friends.

I can vouch for the quality of the Canvasback product, have it in my Expedition for 4 years now and have spilled gasoline on it, fish slime (from hauling my catch home) grease, and many other things and it all washed off and left no damage to the carpet underneath. The velcro is holding up well it has been a great liner and still looks great.

I want to get either the Mazda OEM Soft Cargo Liner (0000-8K-R05) or the Canvasback Cargo Liner for my CX-5 with Sand interior.

The Canvasback has two "advantages", if you want to call them that.

1. Can get it in Mocha/Tan color (or other colors)
2. Doesn't go under headrests, do can't be seen from front passenger area

But the Mazda OEM has

1. Tailgate protector
2. Lower cost

Has anyone put an OEM Soft Cargo Liner in a Sand Color interior? How does it look from the passenger area? Any pictures?

==
Thanks,
Michael

Just ordered the OEM soft liner. Pick it up tomorrow; I'll report back.

Big thumbs up on the Mazda soft liner. The combination of cutouts for the rear seat headrests and velcro elsewhere means you can really stretch it taut and get a good clean look. Looks to be a nice, sturdy vinyl, and of course the fit is spot on. I hadn't realized that the bumper cover was a separate, velcro on-off piece, which is fine by me, although I'll probably just leave it on. I'll typically be using my CX-5 as a kind of small, well handling, great gas milage pickup truck, but I want to keep it nice for myself, passengers and resale, so this style of liner, which covers everything but is visually low key, is just the ticket.

3D floor mats, cargo mat, now I just have to figure out how to do the roof rack like I want and I'll be all set with a vehicle that can go from work to fun and back without any sweat.

Last edited:
Ok, has anyone with the light Sand Interior added the Black OEM Soft Cargo Liner? How does it look when it comes over the rear seat and under the headrests? I'm wondering if the Tan Canvasback cover would be a better choice for the light interior.

==
Michael

Back