Rusted, Rock Chips? =((((((

Hey everyone,
I was washing the CX5 and stubled on to this rusted rock chip. Sucks since its a 2014 and its already rusting like that....

1743466_10201633707059621_1539783146_n.jpg

having experienced this rock chip rust on my past CWP mazdaspeed 3, i made sure to have 3M clear bra installed asap on my cx5.

Rock chips tend to be more visible on cwp since the chips expose dark metal. Its a great looking colour, but its also prone to surface rust for some reason... maybe rock chips combined with this tendency, will accelerate the appearance of rust around the chips.

If it wasn't for this (and having a cwp car for 5 years and wanting a change) my CX5 would have been white also, but I got tired of seeing all those surface rust specs after washing my car... drove me crazy.
My liquid silver is by comparison a charm to keep clean (and looks clean longer).

I feel your pain, I guess have it fixed then clear bra that mofo

Damn that sux. Way too soon for that crap. I had a chip that size on my tacoma for four years, which has never been garaged, and it didn't look half that bad. WTH mazda?

Damn that sux. Way too soon for that crap. I had a chip that size on my tacoma for four years, which has never been garaged, and it didn't look half that bad. WTH mazda?

Granted it is only surface rust and it can be properly repaired and protected. That's a significant rock chip that would probably cut through any paint, primer, and galvanizing. Plus you don't know the geographical location of the car which is a large factor to corrosion of any vehicle.

Back