Adjusting CX-5 headlight (without tech or auto-leveling)

Shnookums

Hi,

I was wondering how to adjust the headlight assembly on CX-5 2014. Surely it must be simple but I can't seem to find the trick :)
My driver side lamp is pointing a bit inward...

Thx.
C

The drive side is supposed to have a lower cut off compared to the passenger side. It is to prevent glare for on coming drivers.

Search on the topic. I made quite a few posts concerning how to perform proper adjustments. I have also corrected a few members on their poor adjustments of their headlights. They apply to the non-HID (no tech pack) headlights.

Yep, your information is quite useful but what I'm looking for is information on how to mechanically adjust the headlight? What should I loosen up? What screw to turn? And which way?

I found this info about Mazda 5 and Mazda CX9 but not CX5. Any graph available?

Thx again.
C

There's a white knob on the back of the headlight bucket. Turn it clockwise to lower the light; counterclockwise to raise it.

Yep, your information is quite useful but what I'm looking for is information on how to mechanically adjust the headlight? What should I loosen up? What screw to turn? And which way?

I found this info about Mazda 5 and Mazda CX9 but not CX5. Any graph available?

Thx again.
C

There is an adjustment bolt in the back of each headlight housing. Looks like a gear. Can be turned with the 10mm (iirc) head, or using a philips screwdriver to turn it using the gear teeth. Counter clockwise to adjust up.

Back