Australia front number plate holder

dawhoo

:
CX 5 Touring
I know we have some Aussies here so I thought I would ask. Did your CX-5 come with a front number plate holder?

I am in the US, but want to put my old QLD plate on front, front plates aren't required here and I'm looking for the CX-5 number plate frame for AU models. If you know where to get one, please let me know.

Just need to know what you mean by the "Holder"? Over here the number plate is screwed directly onto the front bumper.
Do you mean the plastic dress-up frame that Dealerships put around the numberplate?

I think he meant what's in this picture. There's a plastic frame that is bolted on the bumper.
Mazda_CX-5_white.ashx

My CX5 didn't come with a front license plate holder but, the holes are there for one. I went to an AP store and bought one for ~ $7.

Taken a pic of the Australian Type for you- nothing bolted to the front bumper.
Number plate bolted directly to bumper:

Haha, yes the number plate frame. And the main reason I am wanting the AU version, the holes in the number plate do not line up with the US front bumper screw holes. On the US version at least, there are attachments behind the plate holes.

Our old frame holder, only the plate attached to the frame and the frame attached to the vehicle. I don't mind drilling up the frame, but want to avoid hitting the plate. So I am trying to find something like this:
57yIW3Q.jpg

Where I can attach the frame to the vehicle and then, put the plate on the frame. No new holes in the vehicle or plate.

And the WA Zoom is awesome!

And I have the QLD 7 letter standard 372x134 aluminum. So it will 'fit' ACT, NSW, WA and TAS

Last edited:
Back