2014 CX-5 Clicking noise during low speed turns.

Adm56

:
2014 CX-5 Fwd GT
FWD if it matters. Most noticeable when wheel is hard over. About 3000 miles on the car. Won't be in for first service call first least a month. Any suggestions on what I should check or ask dealer about? Anyone else experiencing this?

Normally I would suspect a CV joint, but you don't have that many miles on it. If you crawl under the car, do the rubber boots look ripped or torn?

Rubber boots are all intact on both front wheels. Everything around the axle looks like you'd expect with so few miles.

I had a clicking/clunking noise from the front of my 14 AWD GT while turning at full lock. Dealer replaced the power steering rack. They did replace the front left axle first but that didnt help.

I had the same thing on my 2012 CTS-V coupe. Took it back to the dealer and apparently it's a known issue- had something to do with lug tension. In other words all they did to fix it was tighten all 5 of the lugs. No more clicking.

I have been having a similar issue. I posted this in another thread but is this similar to the noise you are experiencing?

Something stationary is being hit/contacted by a rotating part. Look to brake parts or even a rock wedged in. Jack up side and remove wheel and check. If you don't like this, call dealer, explain and get an appointment. Ed

Back