Chrome on front end damaged

This is probably a long shot without having pictures to show you, but something happened to my vehicle over the weekend. I suspect someone pulled into or backed into my 2014 CX-5 GT. The end result is the plastic "chrome" is cracked in about 3 places....this is the chrome accenting the grill. I see no damage anywhere else...no dings in the plastic or cracks on anything else...just that plastic "chrome".

Anyone have any idea how much I'm looking at to get it fixed? I know nothing about car repairs so while it's minimal damage, if they have to take the whole front apart to replace the trim obviously that's not a good thing.

So it looks like part 5 is what I need. Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly do all the numbers represent? Just part identifyers?

Wow...$116 for a piece of plastic. Any thoughts on labor? I don't have the tools or courage to try to take my car apart even if it's just snaps. And thank you for the quick reply. I appreciate it.

ETA: A friend just pointed out that there is damage on the lower bumper area as well. So this is looking more expensive now.

Last edited:
If you don't mind having this in the front, give it a shot. http://www.bumpshox.com/

I have them on both of my cars. I know some people doesn't like the look but it's really not as intrusive as a lot of people think. It certainly does not if it helps you take a hit (like in your case, you might of been able to walk away without that $116 of damage).

Well thanks everyone but sadly the damage appears to be more significant than I originally thought. Like probably 1,000. I think the whole bumper and the bottom "spoiler" need replacing. I didn't inspect it closely enough. I just hope the radiator didn't take a hit. I had that happen before on another car and it took a month or so but the radiator started leaking and had to be replaced.

No your radiator is fine... The space between it and the bumper cover is practically wider than the Grand Canyon.

SayNoToPistons: And so you are right! Adjuster showed me. That's a relief...seems this car can take a slow front-end hit with more cosmetic damage than anything.

Quote came in at $860.

SayNoToPistons: And so you are right! Adjuster showed me. That's a relief...seems this car can take a slow front-end hit with more cosmetic damage than anything.

Quote came in at $860.

Add $500 to that number, they always low ball you in hopes you'll take the money and run.

Add $500 to that number, they always low ball you in hopes you'll take the money and run.

The last time I had an insurance claim was when I still owed money on the car. As it happens I don't owe on this but wouldn't they assume with it being so new that they would have to pay the repair shop directly?

The last time I had an insurance claim was when I still owed money on the car. As it happens I don't owe on this but wouldn't they assume with it being so new that they would have to pay the repair shop directly?
Yes, but if they cut you a check they are hoping that you just cash the check and try and fix it yourself or just keep the money. Every car that I or my family have had repaired cost a lot more to repair than what they estimated; sometimes 50% more. They also cant see any damage that may be inside. Don't cash the check and let the auto repair place take care of the additional costs with the insurance company.

Back