Dash cover

Sun visor? If you have non-black dash, it'll reflect light back to windshield and makes it hard to see.

like those velour or carpet ones? I wouldn't recommend them on cars with airbags as having a dash cover come at you at 200 mph might not be fun. They seem soft until they hit your eye.

like those velour or carpet ones? I wouldn't recommend them on cars with airbags as having a dash cover come at you at 200 mph might not be fun. They seem soft until they hit your eye.

Well the airbag ain't like geting hit with a pillow either. Believe me,I know!

Yes what I am talking about is the carpet or velour fitted dash cover. The black dash soaks up heat like crazy.

Do you have the center speaker in the dash? This will obviously impair your sound quality if so.

Personally, I've never noticed any unusual heat from the dash in this or any other car. Maybe one of those windshield sun blockers would help?

Well the airbag ain't like geting hit with a pillow either. Believe me,I know!

I'll take that over getting the edge of a velour or carpet mat slicing across my eye at high speed. I know it isn't the most likely thing to happen but I have heard of it happening.

And FYI: people, most of these have cutouts for speakers and most don't cover the airbag area of the passenger side.

I don't know what vehicle that is in their picture but I doubt it is old enough to not have a passenger air bag and the dash is completely covered on it:
$(KGrHqZ,!k4E66-TY7,NBPF,,UULSg~~60_12.JPG

Even in the old days they'd have cutout sections that would get attached to the airbag cover. Back when those were exposed.

CX-5 cover:
F45683792.jpg

Last edited:
Back