USB memory

Phillip808

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Does anyone know how to set the audio unit to "remember" the last song played when using a USB flash drive? My 2014 CX-5 resets itself to play the first track/song EVERYTIME I turned off then turned on the ignition. Thanks.

Does anyone know how to set the audio unit to "remember" the last song played when using a USB flash drive? My 2014 CX-5 resets itself to play the first track/song EVERYTIME I turned off then turned on the ignition. Thanks.

See this thread here: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...ith-2014-CX-5-GT-Tech-Stereo-and-other-issues

I think it's pretty bad that USB resume (which is the only thing I have experience with since I haven't tried running an iPod or iPhone) is pretty poor since it works on my Civic (OEM) and my brother's aftermarket JVC head unit. It's a really small thing looking at the big picture, but the little things do count and this is one of those small things that I hope gets fixed soon.

Don't know why, but mine's OK. It has always played from the track which I had last played.

Mine also remembers, even continues playing from the same point in the song.

I found this to be very annoying too. 2014 Touring/Tech here.
It starts with song 90/150 every single time. The shuffle is exactly the same too, it doesn't randomize everytime, it's the same random list.

Try turning off the radio before switching off the engine. It will likely start from where it stopped.

Try turning off the radio before switching off the engine. It will likely start from where it stopped.
I wish it were that easy, but no. I've tried every crazy combination of steps I can think of, and nothing has made it resume after the car is shut down so far.

I wish it were that easy, but no. I've tried every crazy combination of steps I can think of, and nothing has made it resume after the car is shut down so far.

Its because you have a 2014. This is a known issue. The 2013 did not do this, which is why some people are answering that theirs works.

Its because you have a 2014. This is a known issue. The 2013 did not do this, which is why some people are answering that theirs works.
Yes, I am very aware unfortunately. I was just answering the question of whether turning off the radio first made a difference.

Back