License plate holes in rear

Decade84

:
2014 White CX-5 GT
So I am enjoying the 2014 CX5 and got my plates in today. When getting ready to put it on the back I realized the holes dont have the plastic studs in them like I am used to on other cars I have owned. Do the CX5's not have the plastic within the hole and basically go right into the rear hatch?

If theres nothing there at all...(like a dealer tag). Stop back at the dealer, they should have plenty.

Jeff

That's all mine had, just holes in the plastic that the screws cut into. I was somewhat surprised as it doesn't really even have any reinforcement there, but it seems to work fine. Probably another weight/cost savings.

Trevor
OEM Mazda Accessories

Im referring to the actual holes in the rear hatch. The holes are right in the door and so the screws technically screw into the the door instead of the small plasitc that is usually inside the holes. Not sure if that helps or not haha.

I prefer a high quality plate frame, I bought this one at Ford dealer for my GT.

GT lic pl fr.JPG

that's a great idea with the GT.

what are people's thoughts on the black ones?
Like this:
Z4-MAZ-710lrg.jpg

but with this finish:
attachment.php

Z4-PC-HON-000lrg.jpg

and is the "zoom-zoom" out or is that still a decent thing for on frame?

They might have some initials in common, but that license plate frame is meant for a "horse" of a different color.

Exactly, it's the trademarked/copywrited GT logo from the original pony car, which I have no problem with since Mazda doesn't have a GT logo for it's Grand Touring models. And the frame quality and finish is super.

I bought a generic black metal frame from my local parts store for $6. Then I swapped out the regular headed bolts for torx security bolts @ 1.00.

How did this turn into a thread about license frames?

Because it's related to rear license plate mounting (with and without frame and what dealer installs or doesn't install).

Actually the original question was if the rear l/p holes were supposed to have plastic inserts in them...lol

Jeff

Back