Blower Motor Resistor

deeztek

:
Mazda, CX-9 Touring
Hi,

I found a thread on this forum located here: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123818830-Blower-motor-resistor-for-HVAC concerning the Mazda CX-9 blower motor resistor and getting it replaced. However, the thread went on to talk about how to replace the blower motor relay which from what I can tell are two different parts. I understand the relay is located inside the hood on the drivers side and it's a black or blue box but the blower motor resistor is quite different. It's a black box with a big heatsink attached to it. I have pictures attached on this message 2013-01-11_06-13-12_648.jpg2013-01-11_06-13-06_558.jpg2013-01-11_06-12-58_882.jpg. Anyways, I need to replace the blower motor resistor on my CX-9 and I have no idea where it's located. I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction or if it's even possible to be replaced by someone who's not a mechanic.

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Welcome!

The factory service manual has been posted on here as a pdf. You might try that first. Perform a serach.
If I had to guess... when you open the glove box, there is an access door for the interior fan filter. You could try looking in there. Otherwise my guess would be to remove the outer cowl trim above the blower motor under the windshield and look there.

I did a search for the service manual but I didn't see it posted as a pdf. I have spend a lot of money buying a blower motor and the blower resistor and I would rather avoid spending more money to buy a service manual if I can help it. I took out the access door and I didn't see it. I can try looking again I guess. I replaced the blower motor already and it's not located under the windshield but rather below the glove box unless I'm not understanding what you mean.

Back