CX-5 sport - lights on reminder sound

:
'14.5 CX-5 Touring AWD, Soul Red | '14 CX-5 Touring AWD White
When I leave my lights on and turn off the engine there is no warning whatsoever.

Is lack of this feature normal on MT sport, or do I have a faulty system?

Can anyone comment on this?

I have the sport also and noticed this. I was wondering if they turn off automatically after some time or something as I don't remember having a car that didn't have a reminder sound if you left your headlights when turning the car off before.

They automatically turn off on the GT. Based on my experience, most cars that don't warn you are set to automatically turn off.

A few new cars now have this feature, personally i don't like it, as all it serves to do is take power from the battery.

Auto-off headlights are standard on Sport and Touring, therefore no reminder noise needed.

^ I believe above answers OP's question.

Auto-lights are standard on GT (auto on and off).

Last edited:
I believe the technology package in regards to headlights is the same between the T and GT. My Touring has auto headlamps with auto off as well. What's more, if you look in the personalization settings or whatever they are in the infotainment screen, you can select for how long you want them to remain luminated after you power down and exit the vehicle.

Yes auto lights come on Touring models only if equipped with optional/extra cost Technology package.

Auto-off headlights are standard on Sport and Touring, therefore no reminder noise needed.

^ I believe above answers OP's question.

Auto-lights are standard on GT (auto on and off).

Thanks. Do you know what is the time until lights turn off?

Checked what actually happens. Lights turn off 3 seconds after car is locked. Good to know...

You can set when you want the lights to turn off, if you have the radio with the LCD screen it is inside the setup, vehicle tab. If you have the other type you will need to look in the owners manual.

Back