Waiting will soon be over

CasaLilja

:
Waiting for CX-5 2.2 D manual AWD 175 hp technology pack
Four more days to wait...

Ordered my Zeal Red 175 hp diesel awd mt May 1st and now it's almost here :)

In Denmark it's usual to wait a very long time for a new car, but this is special. I was lucky, my dealer could only get two diesels and I had one. A lot of orders had been cancelled in Denmark :-(

Wednesday we were invited to the Mazda6 launch at the dealers, but went straight to the garage to look at our CX5, where it is waiting for installation of nav, tow and parkingheater.

I'm really looking forward to it. Hope the snow will soon disappear...

Happy Christmas greetings from Pia

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Looking good, congradulations on new CX-5.

btw-Why have a lot of orders been cancelled in Denmark?

Because we have very high taxes on cars (180%) and therefore the importers don't pay as much for the cars as other european importers pay. It's not very attractive for a car manufacturer to sell new cars to Denmark and they would rater sell to other countries. I've heard, that they can get about 5.000-7.500 euro more there.

180%!??

I don't understand why european countries are so...non-competitive in the global marketplace. The citizens suffer for that.

Yes, it's true, 180% :-0

I've bought it as a van - it's "only" 50% taxes. But then I have to pay about 1.000 $ extra road tax each year.

I'll take my 7% car tax and pay for healthcare over 180% and "free" healthcare anyday...

I think Denmark and cars is just a really bad extreme case.
Canada is not so bad with taxes and they do have free healthcare (and you can get R32 GT-R's).

Exactly, Romney's (the loser btw) political rhetoric not applicable to Mazda's in US or Denmark.

Exactly, Romney's (the loser btw) political rhetoric not applicable to Mazda's in US or Denmark.

lol, I didn't mean to turn it into a political discussion of any sort - I was simply commenting on how annoying it is that if you get one thing, you get burned somewhere else, and that as much as I love European countries (vacation there often) what we see as visitors is very different from what goes on behind the scenes (like paying 180% tax on a car! Who would have thought that!?)

Back