Any news on the 2014 models?

Do we know anything that will be available in the 2014 model year (other than the engines) as far as upgrades are concerned?

would be nice if we get the 2.5 as an option early in 2013. Im afraid that it wont come until the fall though.....

its not 'big news' so I doubt there will be any real advance notice

I do know of a couple changes. Can't disclose them yet though.

If I wanted leather in a GS version, could I wait for 2014 ? ;)

Does anybody know if the 2.5L will be OPTIONAL on the AWD GS/GT versions or STANDARD. The dealership told me it will be standard on the GT version only.

Mazda just full of surprises!

Just got a copy of "ZOOM ZOOM" Mazda promo mag (ironically, on the same day the LA Auto Show opens!) The lead article on the Mazda 6 introduces not only the sedan, but the wagon too (heretofore supposedly not destined for the US market)! Power for the 6 is 2.0 and 2.5 gas as well as the 2.2 diesel. Damn, I wish I had known they were going to do this as I would have preferred something less bulky than the crossover CX-5. Oh well!

Last edited:
Dealer told me when I was buying my CX-5 that there is going to be a turbo 6 coming......guess not.

Technically they weren't wrong. The Skyactiv-D is actually a twin turbocharged diesel so it is a turbo 6.

Here's some news: http://blog.caranddriver.com/diesel...2014-mazda-6-cx-5-reveals-2012-l-a-auto-show/

Looks like diesel announcement will come later this week. I'm hoping it will be in the cx-5. We will also get Smart City Brake Support (SCBS) system. I heard it will be in the advanced tech pack on T and GT.

I'd like to know how Mazda decides which country gets what.

In the UK all variants get SCB as standard, while a sunroof isn't even on the option list, nor is a spare wheel, which i believe is standard in Australia??

An email this morning was to invite me to view the new Mazda6. I opened and scrolled down to find the 2014 CX5 is going to have the 2.5L engine in the touring and GT models. No additional information. I hope I will be able to trade my 07 CX7 for a 2.5L FWD CX5 next year. I fear they will only offer the 2.5 in the AWD version which I don't want. Ed

hopefully the 2.5 will be available in january, along with an updated infotainment/nav

Last edited:
Just got a copy of "ZOOM ZOOM" Mazda promo mag (ironically, on the same day the LA Auto Show opens!) The lead article on the Mazda 6 introduces not only the sedan, but the wagon too (heretofore supposedly not destined for the US market)! Power for the 6 is 2.0 and 2.5 gas as well as the 2.2 diesel. Damn, I wish I had known they were going to do this as I would have preferred something less bulky than the crossover CX-5. Oh well!
Sounds like the mag is talking about the global vehicle. We dont get the 2.0 in the 6 either. Dont hold your breath for the wagon, mazda higherups have said many times that we wont get the long roof 6

anyone get the email to watch the announcement? 9:30PST

http://mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/skyactiv_LA.action?campId=16596&providertag=MazdaCRM&servicetag=MZ6_CRM_NATL

Also included in the email was this.....

Mazda 2014 CX-5 gets revved

Mazda engineers never stop improving. Case in pointthe new 2.5L engine in the Touring and Grand Touring CX-5 models boasts a commanding 184 hp and 185 lb-ft of torque, and still retains a healthy 32 MPG hwy.* Also noteworthy, the 2013 CX-5 claimed the 2012 Autobytel Crossover of the Year award and received a 2012 IIHS Top Safety Pick.

Well, this is great news! A more powerful engine with just 1mpg less fuel efficiency!

Also, it looks like it is now standard on Touring and GT models, so hopefully the price won't be significantly higher.

Can't wait to test drive one.

Well, this is great news! A more powerful engine with just 1mpg less fuel efficiency!

Also, it looks like it is now standard on Touring and GT models, so hopefully the price won't be significantly higher.

Can't wait to test drive one.

Impressive economy, only 1 mpg (city/highway/combined) penalty for 2.5L AWD, tops in class for this power output.

Back