light-on indicator light

gpaschos

:
2008 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD
The indicator light for the exterior lights (light-on indicator light), dashboard illumination of my 2008 CX-9 GT doesn't go off when the headlights switch is in the "off" position. When turning the ignition switch from "off" to "on" with the headlights switch in the "off" position the light-on indicator light goes on together with all the rest of the indicator lights but never goes off after that. The headlights behave normally but the taillights, parking lights, dashboard illumination are on when the light-on indicator light is on. The behavior is the same when the headlights switch is in the "auto" position during daytime. Interestingly, when I switch off the engine by turning the ignition to "ACC" while the headlights switch is "off" I still get the light-on indicator light on and the exterior lights/dashboard illumination on! If I then turn the headlights switch to "auto" without changing the ignition switch from the "ACC" position the light-on indicator, exterior lights/dashboard go off. As soon as I turn the headlights switch back to any of the HEAD, TNS, OFF positions the light-on indicator, exterior lights/dashboard go back on.
Since the headlights work properly and follow the settings on the headlights switch this is mostly an annoyance regarding my navigation going to night mode during the day when it is set to the auto setting.

Sorry for the long post. I tried to describe my issue as detailed as I could, hoping that someone in the forum has a solution to it.

Back