How to adjust the Alarm horn "Beep" level?

crenninger

:
CX5 GT AWD
I read the manual and it explains on how to adjust the beep/horn sound level with you click twice on the lock remote control
close the door, open the door, click the lock for more than 5sec then cycle through the setting by pressing the lock again.

I tried like a dozen times, I can't make it change sound level (to lower) or disable it.

any help appreciated.

Thank you

that's to lock the car when you start driving.

I am asking when locking the car and going away - 2 clicks give a beep

Are you talking about the sound produced by the car horn? I don't think that is something that can be changed as far as volume.

You press the lock button once and u hear the locks lock...its locked. Push twice to hear the horn confirm that yes you pushed the lock already. I always just push it once to lock. No need for a horn confirnmation.

You can find the personalization features on the center display, click the setup button on the upper right side and you'll find the list with options. The manual pg.9-8 does state, "The volume of the answer-back beep during advanced keyless entry system operation can be changed", it is set on medium and can be changed to Off/Low/High

You can find the personalization features on the center display, click the setup button on the upper right side and you'll find the list with options. The manual pg.9-8 does state, "The volume of the answer-back beep during advanced keyless entry system operation can be changed", it is set on medium and can be changed to Off/Low/High

No such option in the center console for me. Maybe a tech pack option?

That's what I thought the OP was talking about at first, but re reading I think he means the horn volume for when double clicking the lock button, not the chirp for a single click lock/unlock.

My chirp doesn't work most of the time. Can't figure out why and Mazda was no help. The lights always flash but I rarely get a chirp any more.

I noticed that when going out shopping or whatever my wife usually has the key fob so we park the car and if the key fob is not within the range of the sensors and someone closes the last open door it will not auto-lock and give the (alarm armed) chirp and flashing hazards.

In order for the auto lock and alram to be armed it seems the keyfob needs to be close to the sensors when the last door is closed. So if you have passengers and you leave before them, make sure to double click the lock button on the fob and hear that horn. Just my observation with the system.

Since the manual refers to adjusting the volume under the Advanced Keyless functions (not the same as the basic keyless system), I assume that the Advanced Keyless fob beeps in addition to (or instead of) the horn and that's the volume you can adjust?

That is correct - Page 3-4 seems to indicate we can adjust the horn volume.

I have no idea what a Chirp is/does.

Page 3-4 that you reference is for the advanced keyless function and that first beep can be adjusted (the chirp). I'm going to go with RobertMazda on that and say that it is not the horn that is beeping and the horn volume can not be adjusted. The horn beeps when the lock button is pushed a second time within 5 seconds (at least with the keyless function).

Last edited:
Back