how involved is replacing an inner tie rod on 07 cx 9?

ohioguyshakes

:
2007 CX 9 GT AWD
I recently bought my fiance an 07 CX 9 GT AWD and after having it a month it starting making a humming noise similar to a wheel bearing going bad. So I jacked the front up, took the wheels of, grabbed and shook whatever I could and found that the right outer tie rod end was going bad. I ordered the part from autopartswarehouse.com, but for some reason the part never showed up so I tried to track my order and it said it didn't exist. When I got back on their site that part was out of stock, even though they had 1 when I ordered mine. Very frustrating! So I got on mazdapartsonline.com and the part came in 2 days. I put the right outer tie rod end on, test drove the car, but the humming was still there. I pulled back in the driveway, did the old grab n shake test and found that the left outer is now a tad loose and from the sounds of the clanking noise coming from the left inner, it must have gone bad also. So, my question is... how involved is the inner tie rod going to be? I'm pretty mechanically inclined, so I guess my question is for a rough time estimate. I'm new to the forum and any help or info is very much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Jeff

Back