Where to find CX-5 touchscreen head unit???

kdiddy18

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport
I'm leasing a manual CX-5 sport and I love it. My only issue is i hate the fact that they don't offer it with any options for accessories. I'd like to replace the basic AM/FM/CD player with the 5.8 inch model from the BT package and touring/GT models. I can't find any online or anywhere that lists what it would cost from a dealer. I know the BT package is a $400 option from the dealer on the auto sports, but I doubt that will be the case if I buy it from my local mazda dealer's parts department.

So my questions are:

How much does the touchscreen head unit run from the dealer?
How hard is it to install (do i have to take the dash out to do it?)?
Is there anywhere online that sells OEM parts like this at a discount?
Will all my steering wheel controls work with the new head unit?

Thanks!

Last edited:
That's just the plug in that activates the nav system. It still requires the touchscreen head unit (what i'm looking for).

I have the touchscreen in my sport with bluetooth. It was a $400 option. *Note it is not available with the manual trans from factory.

Id venture to guess the price would be high and the install would be a pain. Need microphone installed, steering wheel buttons, and gps antenna in addition to just the head unit. Why not swap in an aftermarket head unit for $500 and swap it out when u return the car?

I've looked up the install and it doesn't look too bad. Ive installed aftermarket headunits in other cars and this one looks pretty straight forward.
Where is the microphone located on the stock cx5? Its not built into the head unit?

All the replies i've got back from mazda dealers quoted me @ $1600+, not to mention that they didn't believe it was possible to make it work correctly without going through a lot of extra hassle. So much for plug and play....

Anyone recommend a good double-din head unit with GPS???

I looked up the removal of the head unit, not the installation into a manual sport.

I was worried I'd have to take the entire dash out to get to it. Looks like just a few pieces around the stereo

Question? i bought the CX5 touring AWD, didn't get the nav system cause of the bad reviews. My car has factory installed 5.8" display (included with touring trim level and bluetooth package). I would like to install a different Nav System. i found the following unit GPS 15x https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=158&pID=51048. do you guys know if this would work with the CX 5 unit? any help would be appreciate it. thaks

Your link doesnt wory, but the only nav you can add is this one. The install is very simple. Plug and play.

http://mazdagear.com/navigation-system---cx-5.aspx

For all of you guys that want a double din and Nav take a look at the KW-AV60BT In-Dash CD/DVD Receiver. This receiver does not have Nav. (it is less than $300) but you can use motion x drive on your iphone and display it on the radio display. It is awesome. It is also capable of displaying your other iphone screen apps. My wife was watching a movie on it from a Netflix app on my Iphone on a long drive we had. The big advantage of Motion X is that there are no maps to expire and it gives great POI information such as hotels, food, cheapest gas etc. I LOVE it. The only negative I see it that the screen resolution can be a little bit better (I think the 70bt in that series has a better screen).

How's it work with android? and do you have it in a CX-5? I wanna know how it looks in there

How's it work with android? and do you have it in a CX-5? I wanna know how it looks in there

Don't really know. However if you go to the jvc website they have some pretty good explanations there The fit is so so because there is not a double din install kit available yet for the CX5. I plan on re installing once the kit is available.

Hello.
Does anyone know whether the Mazda 6/CX5 head unit for European market is different from head units for US or Asia markets?

Back