2nd 2013 Ford Escape Recall...

:
2013 CX-5 Sport-manual
I'm pretty sure I have this story right..... please correct me, if you see "errors".....

It seems that the Ford escape is the competitive model, for the CX-5.

Last eve, on the local news, there was a report of a new recall for the Ford Escape. (not the easy to fix "carpet issue", that was reported in recent weeks. )
This recall was reported as being related to a fuel line, and could cause a fire.
They actually said: Ford recommended that folks NOT DRIVE the vehicle, and to contact their dealer, ASAP.
I think this recall, was for ALL 2013 Escapes', and not just the few that had the carpet issue....

hmmmm.... I used to have an Explorer.... it gave me no issues. (until some kid ran a red light, and totaled it )

Have a great day.... liking my CX-5, more and more, as the days go by.....

Yes... I remember now... the issue was for the 1.6 liter turbo charged models....
and yes, buying the CX-5, might not be the "right" thing to do, considering the USA economy,....
I wasn't thinking about that when I made the "impulse buy" of the CX-5..... but, at least I helped the local economy, in a small way. (the dealership )

Last edited:
Yeah I just saw that. At least they are recalling it BEFORE people die. But not good for the outlook of the escape in general. I hope the extensive testing into the skyactiv tech sorted out any possible bugs already.

I'm pretty sure I have this story right..... please correct me, if you see "errors".....

It seems that the Ford escape is the competitive model, for the CX-5.

Last eve, on the local news, there was a report of a new recall for the Ford Escape. (not the easy to fix "carpet issue", that was reported in recent weeks. )
This recall was reported as being related to a fuel line, and could cause a fire.
They actually said: Ford recommended that folks NOT DRIVE the vehicle, and to contact their dealer, ASAP.
I think this recall, was for ALL 2013 Escapes', and not just the few that had the carpet issue....

hmmmm.... I used to have an Explorer.... it gave me no issues. (until some kid ran a red light, and totaled it )

gave a great day.... liking my CX-5, more and more, as the days go by.....

All they Escape with the 1.6 ecoboost turbo motor.

Ha ha, because Ford has apparently never built a vehicle before with one of these tricky "fuel line" things. Srsly, I'm glad pple continue to buy cars from US companies because our economy is bad enough as it is. I'm also glad I'm not one of them :)

Last edited:
Ha ha, because Ford has apparently never built a vehicle before with one of these tricky "fuel line" things. Srsly, I'm glad pple continue to buy cars from US companies because our economy is bad enough as it is. I'm also glad I'm not one of them :)

Honda just had a recall on the CRV (I think) because the door can fall open when you lock it. It isn't just American Car manufactures that have problems.

As complex as cars and the supply chain of parts has gotten I won't be throwing any stones from inside my glass house.

As complex as cars and the supply chain of parts has gotten I won't be throwing any stones from inside my glass house.

Well said, it's easy for the consumer sometimes to be extremely judgemental, when in reality we have no idea what the designers and engineers went through to bring any vehicle to production. I just hope the CX-5 is one of the lucky, or well thought out vehicles!

I see no problem to have recalls on cars. However, my only concern will be any lack of quick response/fix; - and/or recalls which can not be fixed properly and affect the design/ performance of the cars.

For example, a brand new body, frame, engine, and transmission are build from scratch and are flowing together until you'll obtain the final product. If the fix of a recall will affect this flow, then I am not very happy with it. yes, the car will take me to the store; but, the value, specifications are not the same any more. hope this will not happen to ford or mazda. both are good cars and it should stay in this way.

Not necessary to be an engineer to understand need for a recall here. I've been through several recalls on my Lexus and the customer service/satisfaction was top notch always.

Common sense is not learned at a trade school or college, nor is general intelligence. Titles like engineer, phd in whatever... not impressed.

Common sense is not learned at a trade school or college, nor is general intelligence. Titles like engineer, phd in whatever... not impressed.

Exactly, especially when the titles are spewed on the internet (science fiction, lol).

Ooooh, haters! Lol. Ok then I'm an engineer with almost 30 years of experience in both manufacturing and product development. Honestly I'm not trying to "impress" anyone and it's kinda weird you would think I was, just sayin', ha ha. Just sharing nicely here ... I worked in product development for a supplier for Toyota/Lexus, Honda, and Chevy for a few years. None of them do things according to best practice protocols, and they don't even follow their own internal protocols. Toyota would however unlike others send engineers (careful - don't be impressed, but they were good ones) if they perceived a problem with a supplier. Interestingly they sent them all the way from Japan. You all know, and they know, that Toyota has plenty of manufacturing and engineers here in the US. That was a big part of the fun working with them tho - watching the tensions and mistrust between the Japan and US organizations play out. Plenty of opportunities arose for the words "nationalism" and even (shudder) "racism" to come to mind, if you weren't careful. Anyhoo, just reminiscing here a bit with no real point in mind other than maybe that everyone's sh*t stinks, some maybe a little less than others.

And now back to topic (versus Internet credentials lol), a supplier issue.

Good for you Velodog2. I also have an advanced college degree with 30+ years experience-now retired. My hobbie was cars and served on a Porsche dealer racing team for several years. I think us old farts with some additional education, may at times have some good information to share. :)

Back