Spicy MSP Roller sold a-la-Carte

I'm parting with the 3rd gen protege and am looking to clear out the driveway and garage so here's the deal. I bought the car in february with the intention of using it as a testbed for my products and as a fun driver. The business has kept me so busy I haven't been able to put it together and I've reached a point of extreme burnout. Come and get it!!!!!

Spicy roller - $1000 OBO has no engine or trans in it. The wiring is intact, but the ECU is gone. The trunk needs new carpet and the release needs adjusted. Needs a battery, and front bumper support. The car comes with a torn up spicy bumper and a great condition blazing yellow bumper (obviously this would need paint). The car has Nissan wheels with winter rubber on it, but they need some spacers to actually bolt up correctly. The hubcentric rings on nissans are a little smaller than Mazda. The body is in great shape with only very slight bubbling at the driver rear quarter and minimal surface rust underneath. I have some tinted stock taillights in good condition that can go with the car.
CAM00059.jpg

CAM00058.jpg

CAM00056.jpg

CAM00055.jpg

CAM00054.jpg

CAM00053.jpg

CAM00067.jpg

CAM00066.jpg

CAM00065.jpg

CAM00064.jpg

CAM00063.jpg

CAM00062.jpg

CAM00061.jpg

FSDE from '95 Ford Probe - $200. Has great compression (180 across the board) and the car ran and drove great before the engine was pulled. This is a distributor motor but I was planning to run coil on plug with the megasquirt so that didn't matter to me.
G Series 5 spd. trans from '98 626 - $150
Brand new 1/2 width aluminum honda radiator and 12"x12"x3" sidemount - $150
Brand new Eibach Pro-kit Springs - $150
Used AWR Mounts (front, rear, and passenger, inserts for trans mount) - $200

This is where things get interesting. I will do a proper inventory after my wife gets home, but here is a partial list of things sitting around in my garage.

Full width p5 radiator with fans
MSP radiator with 2 or 3 stock sidemounts and several fans
2 single runner intake manifolds - I've seen these sell for well over $150 each. PG still gets $344 for them - http://www.protegegarage.com/260-product-260.html
2 dual runner intake manifolds
2 MSP heatshields
MSP valve cover, cover
stock s and j pipe combo (at least one set, but maybe two)
several sets of radiator hoses
2 strut tower braces
A spare rebuildable transmission - has syncro problems
An extra clean and ready to use head
O2 sensors
An extra set of accessories - alternator, AC compressor...
Loads of extra injectors
a few throttlebodies
several fuel rails
Extra headlight
Fog lights
Cracked stock manifold

Tom

The new toy - I'm working on growing out the hair:

CAM00052.jpg

Last edited:
All pms responded to. The prices above are really more for if someone wants the car. I will part it, but I'd rather sell the parts to the person who wants the chassis first and then sell off the left-overs after the car is gone.

**Also fixed the price of the chassis**

No interest in the chassis??

How about the car running but not tuned for $4500 and I keep all the extras or $5000 with everything.

$4500 would be running with the standard msp coils, stock good trans (open diff), stock radiator and sidemount, turbo, base map tune only. If I start getting into tuning and sorting the car the price goes up. @ $5000 buyer gets all the parts so would get to pick how the car gets assembled from the parts I have on hand, that being said I am going to start parting things out this evening. If it is a duplicate or extra it will be fair game. I will be in touch with everyone who has already pm'ed me.

If someone is interested in picking this up the sooner they move the more they get for their money. If I sell $700 worth of extras the price is still $4500.

My cousin is interested in the car so I'm going to hold off on parting for another day or so. If he's not interested I'll be in contact with everyone who has inquired about parts. Also if he doesn't want it I'm interested in trades for something with a v8.

Alright, I'm going to start parting things tonight so look for an update on that, but I'm thinking i might just drop a KLZE in the chassis and sell it as a running 200 hp car.

Part out thread - http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123818445-thepope540-big-part-out-thread

I'll take $5000 for it as a KLZE NA swap. It would still need the bumper taken care of, but would come with the KL installed with an mx6 trans and fresh clutch. Long tube ebay headers, MSII, autometer wideband, AWR mounts, full width radiator, and the wheels and tires that are currently on the car.

Last edited:
Someone make me an offer on this clean chassis. I don't want to have to tear it down, but I will.

$1500 for the roller - save this thing from being dismantled! It would make an awesome GRM Challenge car. I'll work with a buyer to get you everything you need to show up at the challenge in budget with an awesome msp!

I found a car I want to move on! Make me a stupid offer and you will probably be surprised. I have to move quick - Call me 513-708-0995

Last edited:
I'll sell the roller for $1000. The body and interior of this thing are clean. Someone come and get it!

I'm taking offers on all the other parts until Wednesday best offer buys the item(s). Please don't pm offers as it becomes a nightmare to keep track of. All offers go in the thread and I'll do a lot of shipping on Thursday.

NJ isn't that big of a deal. Plus I just quoted shipping from here (cincinnati oh) to harrison NJ and to my surprise it was only $550 from the first place I checked - montway.com. Call me if you're interested. I need this thing gone. I've already bought another car and I can't fit five cars in the driveway.

Sounds like the roller has a new home! I still have a lot of other parts though.

Cancel that: I've had three people tell me that they'd take the chassis and I still haven't seen any money. I'll do $800 for the roller.

any pics of the radiator/sidemount setup?

No, its never been installed. Its just a 2" core aluminum honda radiator, and a 12"x12"x3" rx7 sidemount. Both are ebay specials, but look like pretty decent quality.

Back