Bluetooth and Andoid ICS dropping connection only in morning.

DaveNZ

:
2012 Mazda CX-5 Limited Diesel (techpack)
A really weird thing happens with my Samsung Galaxy S2 in my CX-5, running the latest version of stock Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3.

When I first start the car in the morning, the phone happily links with the car, the little icons on the touch screen display show that all is well. About 30 seconds later, the icons show up again, but this time they are empty. If i use the phone between first starting and the 30 second drop all is ok. If I dont use the phone, the phone is disconnected and must be manually reconnected using bluetooth setup. And this happens every single morning! If I'm looking at the bluetooth display at the time, all is well, then it just drops and advises there is no phone connected.

I've repaired the phone with the car and its made no difference whatsoever.

The weird thing about all this is:
- I actually own 2 Mazda CX-5's, I bought a petrol one for my wife's car (mine is a diesel) and her's does not display this behaviour at all!!
- Any other time I jump in the car after the first connect on that day, the bluetooth connects fine and stays connected. Works a treat.
- Every first connection in the morning connects fine and then drops after about 30 seconds connected.

Does anyone else have this problem (all you petrol guys can probably ignore it, seems like a diesel engine bluetooth build problem???)

I'm perplexed, especially as its not happening in my other CX-5. (boom01)

cheers Dave.

cannot automatically connect ti the BT phone connection

i have galaxy S2 4.0.3 build. after pairing the car BT connects to my phone as media player and not as phone as well. i have to do that manually. this is very annoying. is don't really need it to connect to the media on my phone, just to operate as a normal, good quality phone car speaker..

excellent news !!!! few days ago i got a software update through FOTA for the S3 that seem to solve the issue completely. my phone is no seamlessly connecting to the Mazda BT set, and stays connected/ wow, what a true relief !! i was so frustrated with this thing .

the fault was on the Android side all this time....

Hi wawaweeewa... the software update you refer to as FOTA --can you explain further? Not too big on tech issues...thanks!

Back