PDA

View Full Version : Still Waiting...

elmarto
06-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I ordered my CX-5 GS FWD (in red) on April 20th and still nothing to this day. When I called the dealership this morning, I was told I still didn't have a VIN assigned. I tried to call Mazda Canada and understand what was going on, but they were even less helpful. What's worse is that I'm hearing stories of people ordering in May and getting their cars or at least a VIN assigned.

Anything else I can do? Otherwise I guess my only option is to shut up and wait. I wanted to have that car in time for camping season, but apparently I shouldn't expect it before the end of July or mid-August. Unbelievable. (eyeballs)

Caspan
06-05-2012, 10:58 AM
8-12 weeks is what everyone is being told. This car is in such high demand right now be lucky you get it in 8 weeks. That is what I have been told in Canada and it why I took the grey color so I could purchase off the lot

mr.fusion
06-06-2012, 01:05 AM
Local dealer is saying 12 weeks to get one. Not sure if that was the same for the ones ordered a month or two ago, or if the delays are getting longer now.

CX-SV
06-06-2012, 01:15 AM
Inventory around here at local dealers is down to 0 to 2 units.

Navinic
06-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Ordered mine on April 19 - finally arrived at the dealership yesterday. Suffered 2 weeks delay because of CP railways strike. Picking it up on Monday - FINALLY! Not easy here in Quebec... Courage :) I am hearing August deliveries for May orders :S

elmarto
06-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Congratulations on your new purchase! Yours got here much faster, did it!

On my side, it's now more than 9 weeks later and I still don't have a VIN... <sigh>

plemieux
06-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Congratulations on your new purchase! Yours got here much faster, did it!

On my side, it's now more than 9 weeks later and I still don't have a VIN... <sigh>

Test drive the 2013 Ford Escape while you wait! :)

CX-SV
06-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Test drive the 2013 Ford Escape while you wait! :)

Agreed, you should do it before or during or after ownership regardless, I did.

It's a decent driver.

ta240
06-26-2012, 06:13 PM
no more test driving for me. Too many annoying experiences with some of the cars. The Mazda ones were good though.

I figured I'd kick myself if I didn't jump on the car I wanted when they offered me a good price and all these waiting stories reinforce that for me.

edwardzik
06-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I ordered my CX-5 GS FWD (in red) on April 20th and still nothing to this day. When I called the dealership this morning, I was told I still didn't have a VIN assigned. I tried to call Mazda Canada and understand what was going on, but they were even less helpful. What's worse is that I'm hearing stories of people ordering in May and getting their cars or at least a VIN assigned.

Anything else I can do? Otherwise I guess my only option is to shut up and wait. I wanted to have that car in time for camping season, but apparently I shouldn't expect it before the end of July or mid-August. Unbelievable. (eyeballs)

Only thing I`em worried about is that no VIN is assigned yet
Did you pay any $??
Try different dealer maybe?

zsawyer
06-26-2012, 09:40 PM
cancel it and get a forester

EricF
06-26-2012, 09:56 PM
When we were looking, we delt with the fleet manager and told her what we wanted in the colors we were interested in. She checked incoming inventory for the weeks ahead and found the car we wanted. We put down $500 and she gave us a printout with the sticker and vin. It took about 3 weeks to get.

Is there any way you could do that? The dealers around here aren't trading with each other because the car is such a hot seller (thought it was BS but got the same story at 3 dealers), so you may have to go to a few dealers and have them check their inventory until you find the car you want that is already in route.

jeebusm3
06-26-2012, 11:04 PM
I just did a search when I was looking until I found one at a nearby dealer. It wasn't that hard and took zero days of wait.

tan
06-26-2012, 11:10 PM
I put a deposit last week n the dealer told me that the car is at the port n waiting for it to go though custom

Macksma
06-27-2012, 01:11 AM
Check at mazdausa.com for dealers near you (or farther). They show up there a day or two before the dealer receives it.

elmarto
06-28-2012, 12:52 PM
I paid the dealer a visit today. I hadn't heard anything for quite a while and I was even prepared to change the car's color if it would mean getting it faster. But oh would you look at that! Not only have I got a VIN now, but it's also marked as "dealer rail". Welcome to Canada, El Marto's CX-5! The wait is almost over.

edwardzik
06-28-2012, 05:23 PM
10 more days,be patient

Magbarn
07-05-2012, 06:21 PM
My wife and I were waiting for one, but the wait for our AWD grand touring color config was about 8-10 weeks! We went over to the Acura dealer and got $1500 off a base RDX, in contrast the nearby Mazda dealers wants MSRP or + for a SUV we have to wait for . Yes the gas mileage isn't anywhere near as good and it costs $5000 more, but the much better power, quieter smoother ride, and better interior quality won us over.

EricF
07-05-2012, 06:28 PM
My wife and I were waiting for one, but the wait for our AWD grand touring color config was about 8-10 weeks! We went over to the Acura dealer and got $1500 off a base RDX, in contrast the nearby Mazda dealers wants MSRP or + for a SUV we have to wait for . Yes the gas mileage isn't anywhere near as good and it costs $5000 more, but the much better power, quieter smoother ride, and better interior quality won us over.

The new RDX looks awesome. It would have been our next choice if the CX5 didn't work out for us.

Exspeedaway
07-05-2012, 08:33 PM
I paid the dealer a visit today. I hadn't heard anything for quite a while and I was even prepared to change the car's color if it would mean getting it faster. But oh would you look at that! Not only have I got a VIN now, but it's also marked as "dealer rail". Welcome to Canada, El Marto's CX-5! The wait is almost over.

It took 42 day's for mine back in May, i tought it will be faster by now.

jeremy44
07-06-2012, 07:08 AM
4 months in Ontario province

Jwlj
07-06-2012, 08:08 AM
I don't know if you can cancel your order.

Look up every dealer 250 miles + from your house to see if they have the one you want.
I looked on mazdausa site and searched 250 mile radius from my house, in-laws house, and friends house. It ended up covering every dealership from Georgia up to New York. There were 5 cars with the color / trim / options I wanted and NONE of the dealers would trade with eachother.

yes, it's a long drive but You'll get the car you want maybe faster.

barnak
07-06-2012, 11:41 AM
He's not in USA, we don't have inventory of dealers up here (in Canada). Only a few dealers display their inventory on their personal website and sometimes cars already sold are included in this listing.

Magbarn
07-06-2012, 11:54 AM
I don't know if you can cancel your order.

Look up every dealer 250 miles + from your house to see if they have the one you want.
I looked on mazdausa site and searched 250 mile radius from my house, in-laws house, and friends house. It ended up covering every dealership from Georgia up to New York. There were 5 cars with the color / trim / options I wanted and NONE of the dealers would trade with eachother.

yes, it's a long drive but You'll get the car you want maybe faster.

Not sure about other states, but AFAIK, you can cancel a car order anytime. The dealer has to give you back your deposit. The only way they can force you to buy the vehicle is you've signed your docs for delivery. (One of the main reasons why BMW in other countries will allow you to order cars in weird colors, but not in the US as the dealer can be stuck with a difficult to sell custom ordered pink car that the buyer has the right to walk away from)

EricF
07-06-2012, 12:30 PM
(One of the main reasons why BMW in other countries will allow you to order cars in weird colors, but not in the US as the dealer can be stuck with a difficult to sell custom ordered pink car that the buyer has the right to walk away from)

What manufacture that sells cars under $150k will paint a car whatever you want? If you walk into a BMW dealer and say you want a pink 5 series with green leather, they'll either tell you to kick rocks, or point you to their color palette, and say here are your choices; choose one.

CX-SV
07-06-2012, 01:16 PM
What manufacture that sells cars under $150k will paint a car whatever you want?.

Porsche, but plan on paying 6 digits for most, except Boxsters and even that in custom form will cost close to that. (US dollars)

Magbarn
07-06-2012, 01:30 PM
What manufacture that sells cars under $150k will paint a car whatever you want? If you walk into a BMW dealer and say you want a pink 5 series with green leather, they'll either tell you to kick rocks, or point you to their color palette, and say here are your choices; choose one.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I went too far with the pink color, but with the BMW Individual program you can order lemon colored leather and a light blue exterior if you want. Basically any color that BMW uses all around the world. If you get on BMW's USA website, those colors aren't available. It does cost $5000+ and up depending on the color, but it's not available here in USA. BMW allows quite a bit of customization that other Japanese manufacturers don't allow. My own 335d has white leather, black carpets, and a dark blue exterior.

EricF
07-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Maybe I went too far with the pink color, but with the BMW Individual program you can order lemon colored leather and a light blue exterior if you want. Basically any color that BMW uses all around the world. If you get on BMW's USA website, those colors aren't available. It does cost $5000+ and up depending on the color, but it's not available here in USA. BMW allows quite a bit of customization that other Japanese manufacturers don't allow. My own 335d has white leather, black carpets, and a dark blue exterior.

Any one day body and paint could paint anything for way less than $5k. LOL Kinda lame that they don't offer it in the US. I know other makers will require you to sign papers before ordering weird color combos.
I know of a guy who ordered a Aston Martin DB9 in british racing green with ox blood red interior. The dealer told him if you want that combo, you need to sign the papers because theres no way we are going to sell it. He signed and ordered it, and when the car got to the dealer, it was on the turn table in their show room. It looked bad ass! Sometimes what sounds like crap actually turns out really well...to a point. LOL

Hellcat6
07-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Also waiting for the car just the way I want it. The markets are certainly not all the same. In my area in Alabama there are 65 cars available now within 100 miles, compared with 234 in the same sized area in Ohio (bigger population of course). My dealer has worked a trade with another dealer, both cars are inbound to the US, one coming into California the other Florida. Complex trade, hope it holds up.

Danangme
07-07-2012, 08:04 AM
Same here and when they come in people are standing by the truck with a checkbook in hand if it's not already sold.Even the dealers don't believe it.

elmarto
07-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Got it!

Got a call on Thursday that it was delivered and went to pick it up yesterday. So the wait was from April 20 to July 6. But oh boy was it worth it. I love it!

Macksma
07-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Got it!

Got a call on Thursday that it was delivered and went to pick it up yesterday. So the wait was from April 20 to July 6. But oh boy was it worth it. I love it!

Yay, Congratulations!

bcooper
07-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Finally! Congrats!

barnak
07-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Don't know why it was faster for me but I will get mine tomorrow (the dealer got it yesterday)!
Ordered June 13, delivered July 13! Exactly a month... soo happy!! :)

Navinic
07-12-2012, 08:35 PM
funny how when we finally get our CX5 (mine took 8 weeks), we stop reading the forum and enjoy our new toy :)))) zooom zooom!

Exspeedaway
07-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Don't know why it was faster for me but I will get mine tomorrow (the dealer got it yesterday)!
Ordered June 13, delivered July 13! Exactly a month... soo happy!! :)

One month!!! that's good.
Ordered mine in march and got it in may, 1.5 month of waiting.

bamirault
07-12-2012, 10:34 PM
One month!!! that's good.
Ordered mine in march and got it in may, 1.5 month of waiting.

Bunch a whiners! Ordered mine May 28 and expecting delivery in 12 - 14 weeks. That's late August or early September.

Brian

jaman_ca
07-13-2012, 08:14 AM
Man, that sucks. I walked in a dealer and bought one off the lot (it came in on the truck the previous day and still had all the plastic wrapping when I test drove it).

doughboy52
07-13-2012, 11:53 AM
My dealership told me they claimed an incoming one for me and have a VIN and it's just a matter of time till it comes through port, customs, etc. Any idea of what's the longest that should take? Someone in an earlier post said they got theirs that way in about 3 weeks.

We're getting so antsy waiting...my wife told me she almost crashed on the highway the other day while admiring one on the road!

Keanman
07-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Wait until you get it and you have that awkward moment passing another CX-5 and you notice the other person is staring as much as you are lol.

joepro
07-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Man, that sucks. I walked in a dealer and bought one off the lot (it came in on the truck the previous day and still had all the plastic wrapping when I test drove it).

Same here, but back in early March.

Jcarte29
07-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Bunch a whiners! Ordered mine May 28 and expecting delivery in 12 - 14 weeks. That's late August or early September.

Brian

Hey Brian, where are you located? I ordered mine the exact same day and have the exact same time frame, and I work at a Mazda dealer lol.

bamirault
07-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Hey Brian, where are you located? I ordered mine the exact same day and have the exact same time frame, and I work at a Mazda dealer lol.

Ottawa.

PhoenixINX
07-15-2012, 12:11 AM
If anyone is in need, two of our Nashville dealers have decent inventory.

Saw a twin of ours sitting on a lot this afternoon - Not sure on interior, but the white grand touring does look nice! :)

Hellcat6
07-15-2012, 11:11 AM
I am waiting for mine to get off the boat in San Diego, dealer in Alabama is selling at invoice. I talked with one dealer in Nashville, they were very nice but they told me "we are selling at what is on the sticker". Gues I will just have to be patient.

Bcdad182
07-23-2012, 02:46 PM
I ordered June 15 and the dealer is telling me that they've got one on the boat for me - even in my first choice of colour. He said it would take about 4 weeks to be delivered, so hopefully sometime in early August!

**Update August 12** well, let's see June 15 - July 15 -- and it's almost August 15 - so almost two months of waiting and the dealer keeps telling me won't be long now....I'm almost ready to ask for my deposit back. This is silly. I keep telling myself it will be worth it...eventually.

Dealer said that Mazda is releasing the vehicles as they are produced and that they got one similar to what I ordered in the same production run last week. Then where is MINE?

Very frustrated with Mazda right now...

I just talked (Aug 16) to the sales manager, he's blaming it on the rookie salesman. Seems he should have quoted 6-8 weeks. He looked up the specific vehicle from the computer and checked the delivery schedule. It's at sea due to arrive in Vancouver on Aug 29. They go and get them directly from the port rather than trucking them over so I should get it within a day or two of the ship's arrival. Keeping my fingers crossed everything goes smoothly from now on...