Still Waiting...

elmarto

:
Tribute 2006 -> Soon CX-5!
Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I ordered my CX-5 GS FWD (in red) on April 20th and still nothing to this day. When I called the dealership this morning, I was told I still didn't have a VIN assigned. I tried to call Mazda Canada and understand what was going on, but they were even less helpful. What's worse is that I'm hearing stories of people ordering in May and getting their cars or at least a VIN assigned.

Anything else I can do? Otherwise I guess my only option is to shut up and wait. I wanted to have that car in time for camping season, but apparently I shouldn't expect it before the end of July or mid-August. Unbelievable. (eyeballs)

8-12 weeks is what everyone is being told. This car is in such high demand right now be lucky you get it in 8 weeks. That is what I have been told in Canada and it why I took the grey color so I could purchase off the lot

Local dealer is saying 12 weeks to get one. Not sure if that was the same for the ones ordered a month or two ago, or if the delays are getting longer now.

Inventory around here at local dealers is down to 0 to 2 units.

Ordered mine on April 19 - finally arrived at the dealership yesterday. Suffered 2 weeks delay because of CP railways strike. Picking it up on Monday - FINALLY! Not easy here in Quebec... Courage :) I am hearing August deliveries for May orders :S

Congratulations on your new purchase! Yours got here much faster, did it!

On my side, it's now more than 9 weeks later and I still don't have a VIN... <sigh>

Congratulations on your new purchase! Yours got here much faster, did it!

On my side, it's now more than 9 weeks later and I still don't have a VIN... <sigh>

Test drive the 2013 Ford Escape while you wait! :)

no more test driving for me. Too many annoying experiences with some of the cars. The Mazda ones were good though.

I figured I'd kick myself if I didn't jump on the car I wanted when they offered me a good price and all these waiting stories reinforce that for me.

sorry,but....

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I ordered my CX-5 GS FWD (in red) on April 20th and still nothing to this day. When I called the dealership this morning, I was told I still didn't have a VIN assigned. I tried to call Mazda Canada and understand what was going on, but they were even less helpful. What's worse is that I'm hearing stories of people ordering in May and getting their cars or at least a VIN assigned.

Anything else I can do? Otherwise I guess my only option is to shut up and wait. I wanted to have that car in time for camping season, but apparently I shouldn't expect it before the end of July or mid-August. Unbelievable. (eyeballs)

Only thing I`em worried about is that no VIN is assigned yet
Did you pay any $??
Try different dealer maybe?

When we were looking, we delt with the fleet manager and told her what we wanted in the colors we were interested in. She checked incoming inventory for the weeks ahead and found the car we wanted. We put down $500 and she gave us a printout with the sticker and vin. It took about 3 weeks to get.

Is there any way you could do that? The dealers around here aren't trading with each other because the car is such a hot seller (thought it was BS but got the same story at 3 dealers), so you may have to go to a few dealers and have them check their inventory until you find the car you want that is already in route.

I just did a search when I was looking until I found one at a nearby dealer. It wasn't that hard and took zero days of wait.

I put a deposit last week n the dealer told me that the car is at the port n waiting for it to go though custom

Check at mazdausa.com for dealers near you (or farther). They show up there a day or two before the dealer receives it.

I paid the dealer a visit today. I hadn't heard anything for quite a while and I was even prepared to change the car's color if it would mean getting it faster. But oh would you look at that! Not only have I got a VIN now, but it's also marked as "dealer rail". Welcome to Canada, El Marto's CX-5! The wait is almost over.

My wife and I were waiting for one, but the wait for our AWD grand touring color config was about 8-10 weeks! We went over to the Acura dealer and got $1500 off a base RDX, in contrast the nearby Mazda dealers wants MSRP or + for a SUV we have to wait for . Yes the gas mileage isn't anywhere near as good and it costs $5000 more, but the much better power, quieter smoother ride, and better interior quality won us over.

My wife and I were waiting for one, but the wait for our AWD grand touring color config was about 8-10 weeks! We went over to the Acura dealer and got $1500 off a base RDX, in contrast the nearby Mazda dealers wants MSRP or + for a SUV we have to wait for . Yes the gas mileage isn't anywhere near as good and it costs $5000 more, but the much better power, quieter smoother ride, and better interior quality won us over.

The new RDX looks awesome. It would have been our next choice if the CX5 didn't work out for us.

I paid the dealer a visit today. I hadn't heard anything for quite a while and I was even prepared to change the car's color if it would mean getting it faster. But oh would you look at that! Not only have I got a VIN now, but it's also marked as "dealer rail". Welcome to Canada, El Marto's CX-5! The wait is almost over.

It took 42 day's for mine back in May, i tought it will be faster by now.

Last edited:
Back