Bad buying experiences from eBay seller, please be awared.

tim908

:
Mazda 3 GS 2004
After some researches and helpful advices from other forum users, I decided to buy a cargo cover for my CX-5 from US and have it shipped to Canada, still save a lot compare to buying directly from local dealer. And I found this seller "tasca_tpc" on eBay selling the cover at a reasonable price plus the shipping is OK. So I purchased it on May 4th and make the payment at the same day, then nightmare began. No calls, no eBay messages, no e-mail, so I sent him a message after 3 business days and ask for a tracking number. He replied saying he doesn't have the tracking number because the order was not shipped yet. Then again no calls, no eBay messages, no e-mail, so I sent him a second message on May 13th and again ask for a update. This is what he wrote me back

"im sorry sir this item was listed when in fact mazda has not released it yet im sorry as i thought you were emailed and refunded, which i am going to do now."

Mazda has not released the cargo cover yet!!?? I was like WTF, and can't help but wondering how the hell the other forum users can got their cargo covers in both USA and Canada. Wasting 10 days of my time is bad enough, I was really on fire when I saw he is actually trying to use such a bad excuses to get away from his fault. Hence I wrote him back and tell him that his excuse looks as dumb as he is and everyone who owns a CX-5 knows the cargo cover is already out and lots people already installed it. And I will report his behavior to eBay and his manager as well.

He wrote me back with this

"Im sorry for the delay in your order. Many of our ebay listings for the Mazda accessories work of of the depot stock, currently Mazda has a backorder on this item and the only spot they have them is the Toronto part depot this item is due into us in the next few days, in the meantime we have already issued you a refund so we would not be holding your funds, when the item arrives we can send you an email and send you a paypal request. again we are very sorry for the time lost on this"

So basically his first message is a lie and he think he will get way by just lying. What a honest seller!

I decide to write the whole story out and just let everyone know that you need to be carefully when you buying from eBay. You may run into this kinda seller who will waste your time and treat you like an idiot.

I'm not a CX owner but I normally email the seller about a product before buying. That's with all online purchases whether it's on ebay or other websites. Sorry for the hassle. Hopefully things work out.

Most certainly a lie. I didn't know the cargo cover was an option.

It's included standard on all Australia CX-5's.... and, possibly standard in most other markets.

Why would the car come without one? They're essential.

Most certainly a lie. I didn't know the cargo cover was an option.

It's included standard on all Australia CX-5's.... and, possibly standard in most other markets.

Why would the car come without one? They're essential.
The cargo cover is an option in Canada and I agree this should be an essential item and should come standard. I negotiated with the dealer to include this item in my deal.

thinking of buying the same item before this. just noticed they have taken the item out from their listing.

I have also used these guys and they also ship extremely fast. Same day or next day on most items. They usually trend a few dollars more than mazdagear but if one place is out of stock you can try the other. It's good to have options. Plus I've dealt with both and I am extremely satisfied.

http://www.mazdaparts.org/macxpaandac2.html

Back