CX-5 Radio Presets

RickInMesa

:
Mazda, CX-5
I just bought a CX-5 and I'm having trouble with the radio. I have the Nav/Radio combo. The manual talks about pressing the preset buttons but I just don't see them. I want to preset a dozen or so AM / FM radio stations but I can't figure it out.
Can someone walk me through it?
Thanks!

Thanks. I saw those but those are channels the radio picked up. I didn't create those. I want only the channels I listen to to show.
What am I missing?

They operate as normal preset buttons. So if you want to manually set them, tune the radio to desired station then press and hold the button. You'll hear a beep to confirm that it has been set.

OK - The light finally came on - DUH! I was making it too hard. They operate just how the manual says they do.
Thanks for the help. :)

Ok so how do I delete the extra channels that were picked up by the initial scan done at the dealer? Or better yet how do I delete them all and start over from the beginning ?

I have the "Bose" system if this makes any difference, although I'd trade it for a plain jain radio / satellite in a minute

Ok so how do I delete the extra channels that were picked up by the initial scan done at the dealer? Or better yet how do I delete them all and start over from the beginning ?

I have the "Bose" system if this makes any difference, although I'd trade it for a plain jain radio / satellite in a minute

just over program them using the directions, dont even pay attention to the fact that theres already stations programmed

just over program them using the directions, dont even pay attention to the fact that theres already stations programmed

Wiping them all out has to be possible, anyone else know how to do this?

Last edited:
I'm not sure it is possible. I've never noticed a radio that had nothing programmed in, always a channel of some sort, even if all the same default channel like 88.7. Why would you care? Just to make it look neater?

Pulling the battery cable is the last resort, thanks, theirs an internal or through interface method someone else just mentioned in another forum.

Your a V-Strom man eh? Had one of those allot of fun.

Thanks

yeah but its the only thing guaranteed to clear out the presets (but like another user said, there will still be frequencies on each of the preset that are random hard coded ones in the radio...)
you could try finding the fuse for the radio but that doesn't always pull the 'memory' power from it so it might not do what you want

yeah the strom is great, wish i got to ride it more...

yeah but its the only thing guaranteed to clear out the presets (but like another user said, there will still be frequencies on each of the preset that are random hard coded ones in the radio...)
you could try finding the fuse for the radio but that doesn't always pull the 'memory' power from it so it might not do what you want

yeah the strom is great, wish i got to ride it more...

Its going back to the dealer for the new mirror parts that Mazda over nighted, and the mechanic told the service desk person there's a code to punch in on the radio, when you push the power and seek up it brings up a menu & there doing the wiring harness for towing. So I'll see what happens and go from there. My salesman txt'd me and said initially they were all blank before he did his programming of the radio, its company policy but they've changed it because people find it a pain in the arse to go and reprogram the radio.

Mazda's all new too me, coming from Ford to here has been for the most part pretty good, would have gone wit the escape but the legroom was even more cramped in that vehicle.

Springs coming you'll be on the VStrom soon

Its going back to the dealer for the new mirror parts that Mazda over nighted, and the mechanic told the service desk person there's a code to punch in on the radio, when you push the power and seek up it brings up a menu & there doing the wiring harness for towing. So I'll see what happens and go from there. My salesman txt'd me and said initially they were all blank before he did his programming of the radio, its company policy but they've changed it because people find it a pain in the arse to go and reprogram the radio.

Mazda's all new too me, coming from Ford to here has been for the most part pretty good, would have gone wit the escape but the legroom was even more cramped in that vehicle.

Springs coming you'll be on the VStrom soon

good luck with it, i'm trying to remember when i got mine i dont think any local stations were programmed, it was just random frequencies

yeah hope so

the "buttons" are on the touch screen on the left side
as shown in section 5-40 of your manual

It took me a solid week to find the screen with the buttons on the left.
Thanks for all the help

Attachments

• cx5-radio.JPG
    cx5-radio.JPG
    252.6 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Back