White Pearl color

candf

:
2013 CX-5 FWD Touring
I bought a black mica CX-5 but someone was asking me about the color of the white one. I have only seen pictures of the white and have not seen one in person. Is the white pearl actually a pearl color like I have seen some other pearl white cars or would you consider it more a bright white?

I test drove a white CX-5 and I believe that is the only white they have. It just seemed to be a bright white to me. Not the deep pearlescent(sp?) color some manufacturers charge more for. But to tell the truth I didn't pay particular attention to it cause I was just test driving it and am not really interested in a white color. But it looked good.(wow)

I have that CX-5. Yes, it is a definitley a fine metallic/pearl very white color. Unlike some pearls it has no yellowish or bluish ting. It is not a regular bright white (which would not be pearlescent and metallic). Mazda charges extra for this color, just as Ford will for the new 2013 Escape.

When you stand next to one of these CX-5's in the sun, you will see what I described above very easily.

Last edited:
i have the white pearl, it is really white (no yellowish tone to it) with a fine metallic pearl layer. Very nice in person in my own opinion, difficult to do it justice with pictures.

i have the white pearl, it is really white (no yellowish tone to it) with a fine metallic pearl layer. Very nice in person in my own opinion, difficult to do it justice with pictures.

Agreed! I have the White Pearl also, and it is very hard to get a feel for it on a video screen. I would call it a "normal pearl" as it looks like an actual pearl. Most people would not notice the CX-5 pearl unless you are up close to car.

It does not have any of the fake shimmery purple/blue/pink effects that you see in a heavy pearl painted / clear-coated car.

Good descriptions of the color. Yes, the Lexus pearl white has a lot of pink and blue hints in it. I looked through my few photos of my CX-5 and none properly show the color.

I dislike white cars. But the white on the CX-5 is fabulous. It's a really metallic white that shines brilliantly.

There are two whites available, but the "other" white is only available in the UK, so you don't need to worry about it.
Similarly there are also two reds and two blues. But I've decided on black myself.

Back