Bluetooth only importing 1/3 my contacts (Galaxy s2)

DaveNZ

:
2012 Mazda CX-5 Limited Diesel (techpack)
Sorry, wrong thread!

Long time lurker, first time poster...

Just got my new CX5 Diesel AWD with tech pack (standard in the limited model here in NZ).

Went to setup the bluetooth and paired up phone, no problems. Allowed the phone to load the conacts into the car, and it siad it had done them all without a problem.

HOWEVER, there's only about a third of them there, and I don't have heaps of them in the first place!

De-paired the phone and car, cleared it all out and re-did it. Exactly the same result.

Anybody else have this problem, and how did they solve it?

cheers Dave

PS, just upgraded from a 2010 Hyundai R 2.2 Santa Fe diesel to the CX5, quality difference is sure noticable.

Last edited:
Welcome Dave. You'll come to love your CX-5. We share exactly the same model.
I am not having an issue with the bluetooth download. I have over 200 contacts to import (many with multiple numbers). Doesn't appear to be a challenge.

Delete your device from the bluetooth list and start from scratch.

Also wondering if it has something to do with the name of your device, or the way to contacts are structured. Is the final contact a strangely spelt one?
It might be hitting a snag and failing to complete.

Hi, I have the same vehicle (diesel Gt with Tech Pack) and, like Inodes, I've had no problem downloading the entire phone book. My phone s an iPhone 4 and I've had no bluetooth problems at all.

Last edited:
Went to setup the bluetooth and paired up phone, no problems. Allowed the phone to load the contacts into the car, and it said it had done them all without a problem. HOWEVER, there's only about a third of them there, and I don't have heaps of them in the first place! De-paired the phone and car, cleared it all out and re-did it. Exactly the same result. Anybody else have this problem, and how did they solve it?

Dave,

I had a similar problem when trying to pair my wife's android phone. Turned out that it was because her contacts were saved to her SIM card and not to the phone itself. If your mobile phone uses a SIM card, there will be an option in the contact settings to save or copy the contacts to the phone's memory. Then you can try the downloading process to the car again. Hope this helps.

Alacoyote

Turned out that it was because her contacts were saved to her SIM card and not to the phone itself.

Great point!

If only for a comparison, I have no SIM card contacts and no issues. What Alacoyote says makes complete sense.

Ah Ha!!! That could be it, theres a few on my SIM, I'll sort these and give it another go... I'll update later..

cheers Dave

All,

I can confirm removing contacts from the SIM has fixed the problem, my entire address book is now in the car.

Glad to hear it, DaveNZ. The real thanks goes to the AT&T customer service rep who suggested this solution when we had the problem. Hope the rest of your Bluetooth experience goes smoothly.

Back