OE Backup sensor?

:
Pearl White AWD GT w/Tech
anyone been able to order a model with the back up sensors? I'm not sure how well the current backup camera's work in relation to being to see how close your bumper gets to another cars but I would like to add the back-up sensors but was told by dealer its not available. I'm assuming the later models might have this??

anyone been able to order a model with the back up sensors? I'm not sure how well the current backup camera's work in relation to being to see how close your bumper gets to another cars but I would like to add the back-up sensors but was told by dealer its not available. I'm assuming the later models might have this??

My GT came standard with front and rear sensors. All CX-5's here have standard camera.

In short, the sensor works brilliantly. I particularly like how they've integrated it with the speaker system. With a combination of the front and back, the noise has a different pitch for front/back and also come from the speakers relative to the location (front speakers for front, rear speaker for rear).

You can get within about 15-20cm of an object before the altert is continuous tone. It's very usable.

Thanks! Now, if yours didn't come with any sensors, would the backup camera alone be good enough to see how close you are to the other cars front bumper?

My GT came standard with front and rear sensors. All CX-5's here have standard camera.

In short, the sensor works brilliantly. I particularly like how they've integrated it with the speaker system. With a combination of the front and back, the noise has a different pitch for front/back and also come from the speakers relative to the location (front speakers for front, rear speaker for rear).

You can get within about 15-20cm of an object before the altert is continuous tone. It's very usable.

Thanks! Now, if yours didn't come with any sensors, would the backup camera alone be good enough to see how close you are to the other cars front bumper?

Most certainly! It's very easy and can be done *without* the audible sensors.

The only time that the camera becomes difficult to use is in heavy rain. There are often raindrops lingering on the lens.

The investment in the camera would pay for itself with peace of mind and knowing that the first ding (that would cost more than the camera installation cost), would be avoided.

Thats good to hear, in the US, the backup sensors are an extra $450 USD. I'm wondering if its worth paying if the camera does the trick.

How good does the camera work at night?

Most certainly! It's very easy and can be done *without* the audible sensors.

The only time that the camera becomes difficult to use is in heavy rain. There are often raindrops lingering on the lens.

The investment in the camera would pay for itself with peace of mind and knowing that the first ding (that would cost more than the camera installation cost), would be avoided.

Thats good to hear, in the US, the backup sensors are an extra $450 USD. I'm wondering if its worth paying if the camera does the trick.

How good does the camera work at night?

Camera works quite well at night, typically these cameras work well in low light conditions. Biggest problem is when rain water gets on lens.

Back