The conclusion of my audio journey!

:
Mazdaspeed3, Mazda2 Yozora Ed., RX-8 R3
What started out as swapping my stock fronts for some slightly better co-ax ones, has turned into a 5 month long $2500 major overhaul of my 2's stock system....

And now, i'm basically done!

With the install on friday of a metra dash kit and a Kenwood KIV700 head unit, I can now say I'm done with the additions and happy with my kicking little system.

Only two minor elements remain (the steering wheel control adaptor and a bluetooth module) but I'm otherwise completely and totally finished.

Pics to follow of the final install and the original thread is here.

I'll detail the whole process later, but I can say that the JL C2 series tops and W3v3 sub make for a killer little cost effective combo. I'm sure not turning out Competition level SPL, but the system is tight, clean and loud enough to be completely immersive. And if i really want, I can make my hair vibrate. ;-)

I did all the speaker and power wiring, built the amp rack and wired it up and the power cell. The only things i had the shop do (cus i'm lazy and they can do it better) were run the battery power line, install the speakers in the doors, and install the deck and metra adaptor. All things i couldn't be bothered with ;-)

I need to post new pics of the amp rack, as I've re-done it with all 4ga JL wire... It looks sexier now ;-)

Oh, we also hit the $2700 mark. With the bluetooth adaptor i'll be pushing $3000... My audio system is now worth more than 10% of the value of my car... *facepalm*

Yes. I had to get Metra's ASW interface, but it's the ONLY interface on the market that maintains ALL the M2's functions including the trip computer. Thing was worth every penny, and really quite easy to install. The only issue i'm having is that i'm running out of space behind the deck, so I have to get creative with my 'tuck'

I just got the bluetooth module for my deck today too, so that'll go in tomorrow!

nice install.

earlier in life, i had a $1500 system in a $7000 car. lol. (back in 99 yo!)

since i got rid of the protege... ive been missing a nice stereo.

Yes. I had to get Metra's ASW interface, but it's the ONLY interface on the market that maintains ALL the M2's functions including the trip computer. Thing was worth every penny, and really quite easy to install. The only issue i'm having is that i'm running out of space behind the deck, so I have to get creative with my 'tuck'

I just got the bluetooth module for my deck today too, so that'll go in tomorrow!

Are you talking about this: http://www.metraonline.com/part/ASWC
Where did your order it from and how easy was it to install? Any idea if it's compatible with Alpine receivers?

Thee are some better pics that I just sht the weekend of the amp rack and engine compartment now after the full install.

(Please ignore the mess on TOP of my battery, I had an incident involving a ratchet, the positive lead of my alternator, and the chassis of my car that blew my fusible link. Fixing this weekend!)

See Here

I like it. I looks like a very decent installation.

You have the nicest 2 I have seen here. (thumb)

The only thing I can see improvement (of course, it's just my own opinion) is a little more aggressive (smaller offset) wheels.

Thanks man! I love the look of the car, but I fell in love with the Yozora when I first saw it. I have an ambition to make my 2 (or any 2) the MOTM!

You have the nicest 2 I have seen here. (thumb)

The only thing I can see improvement (of course, it's just my own opinion) is a little more aggressive (smaller offset) wheels.

Back