disabling TCS over 10mph

:
08 CX-9 Sport
is there a way to turn off the TCS that keeps it off over 10mph? i live on a 2/3 mile gravel road that is rough and slick in certain spots because of the grade and amount of water running down it. at the few spots that my tires slip the TCS engages as it should but i always get the lovely brake cooking smell by the time i park of which i do not like. i don't need warped rotors from them getting that hot. the tire or tires aren't spinning for more than a full second, and only in about 3 spots on the driveway. i have tried to turn off the TCS but when the tire spins the car thinks i'm going over 10mph and automatically kicks the TCS back on. this is very frustrating, i'd like to turn it completely off for the driveway so i can control the spinning myself by removing throttle and keep the brakes from getting so hot.

Al

My driveway is 7/10 mi. long, very steep, and with snow and ice (after I plow w/ chains on all 4 wheels), need all power and all wheels spinning to make to the top. Only way is to pull fuse to disable TCS , otherwise CX9 dies and I have slid back down. Older 4wd/awd with-out TCS have always done ok.

I once found procedures to disable TCS on Mazda 6s.
Not sure if the same procedures work for CX9.
You may google for it and try.

Back