Which Gauges

chgoride6

Hello Guys !!!

I am finally getting around to putting gauges in my MS 6 and I thought abt the CPE 3 gauge dash pod with Boost, Oil Press. and EGT. A/F ratio seems pointless as I am NOT going to tune the car OR change the factory downpipe. I have MS CAI, Turbosport BOV, MF c/b exhaust and would like to see what my boost is. I am not reading much here on what mods necessitate which gauge. Maybe I will use the defroster vent with a dual pod. Any suggestions?? Tx. (hear ya)

There are really only 2 gauges you "need." Boost and A/F. And if you aren't modded much than you don't even need A/F.

I would get a dashhawk or aeroforce scan gauge. Those can monitor basically everything.

I have a boost gauge and the aeroforce scan gauge. The aeroforce is set to monitor A/F and knock. One of these days I might get another gauge to fill my last slot of the cpe triple mount. I would prefer an oil pressure but to do oil temp / pressure you need to buy an $80 oil filter conversion kit, 25$ adapter plate, and change your oil.

Thanks

Thanks. I neglected to mention that my engine threw a main rod at 47K which happened to be right after the MS CAI with no other mods so there is a factory new motor. I was aware of the filter conversion and such. Oil pressure would be a good idea and is not that expensive and Boost of course.

Back