Pads only! $204

Went to STEALership today for front/rear brake pads ONLY.

Didn't want to get the ceramics from Pep Boys/Auto Zone on account that the ceramics my dad put on his Mazda 6 threw up a TON of dust on the rims. I'm very happy with the minimal dust I get now on the 9.

Figured I'd just throw it out there (attachment included) on rates.

Next time, may try to get them from online OEM distributer, just not sure how much I'd save with s/h costs.

Attachments

• DOC001.PDF
    89.1 KB · Views: 265
Ask for price on the Mazda Value Line pads. They are suppose to be inferior in quality to the normal ones you got priced on, but so far I 've had them on my CX-9 for a week and they seem to feel exactly the same as the "non value line" ones I had previously. As far as longevity, we will have to see....

Good info Davicho, maybe it'll help the next guy.

Wondering if same price for edge brake pads (if they are the same. Guy said CX-7's & 9's use the same pads).

Anyway, as posted on another thread I just did my front brakes by replacing OEM Mazda rotors and OEM Mazda value line pads.

Total cost:

$230 in parts
$8 in brake wash/white lithium grease (for bump stops)
1hr. and a half of my time
4 beers.

Fronts done. Pretty easy job. Pads were not HORRIBLE, prob could have lasted another 3k-5k miles, but changed them anyway. Lest rears as is, may change those later in the summer.

Did find a rather tall ridge on the inside passenger front rotor (with the accompanying rather deep cut in the inside brake pad).

Is this the issue others were having with warped rotors?

Driver's side was fine.

Am going to bring orig brake pad to dealer and see if they can work anything out with what I think is a defective rotor. If not, will just buy a new rotor.

Back