What muffler sounds the closest to the CS power series?

mikebontoft

:
02 Focus SE, 90 626 GT
I thought it would be worth a shot....... I've been finding some videos of said exhaust on youtube and I was VERY pleased to say the least.

My 626 has a few things going on for it. It's the 2.0 FS-DE and after I get it running I want to do an exhaust and when I can rebuild the turbo I bought, I'll find a way to install that as well.

But first comes the exhaust....... my plan is to do 2.5" tubing all the way down (post flex pipe), starting with a high flow cat, no resonator (unless it would sound better WITH one) and some type of muffler in the stock position.

anyone have an idea on that?

You may just want to ask if you can buy the muffler from the exhaust your liking and make your own custom exhaust set-up. Any pics of the bottom of your/any 626 to see where the exhaust runs??

I thought it would be worth a shot....... I've been finding some videos of said exhaust on youtube and I was VERY pleased to say the least.

My 626 has a few things going on for it. It's the 2.0 FS-DE and after I get it running I want to do an exhaust and when I can rebuild the turbo I bought, I'll find a way to install that as well.

But first comes the exhaust....... my plan is to do 2.5" tubing all the way down (post flex pipe), starting with a high flow cat, no resonator (unless it would sound better WITH one) and some type of muffler in the stock position.

anyone have an idea on that?

Honestly I dont know anyone that sounds like Corksport.. But you can try to buy one of there mufflers maybe :).. If your going custom get either a ultraflow maybe or a Flowmaster. Now I know people might say the flowmaster is cheesy. But I had one on my Turbo beetle and I loved the way it sounded. The 40 series.

An option could also be pick up one of the exhausts and mod it to fit your car.

I have a muffler section which is in our scratch and dent pile which I can sell you for $100 from a protege 5 exhaust.

-Derrick

that was my next thought, which is why I wanted to see pics of how the exhaust was run!!!

right sorry I forgot... the best I can describe it (haven't actually had IT in the air yet, but had another just like it) and all I can say is the pipes come down from the head to the first cat, make the J bend, go down directly in the middle of the car, then there's the flex pipe which makes a little bump over part of the subframe, which is immediately greeted by the second cat, downstream 02 sensor, (still continuing down the middle) a long skinny tubular resonator. After that resonator, it makes a 90 degree bend towards the right (passenger) side of the car, and then another bend straight back, up and over the rear subframe (or axles as some will probably want to call it) in which sits the muffler that is probably 14 inches long by 10in wide (total rough estimate) and then there's just a short section of pipe that makes a bend toward the ground.

It is really close to this setup

Esc-6-019-1012614354934b2ffa65c666a.jpg

Derrick

yeah that looks about right, except for the bend on the middle tube (bottom of picture, left side "pre resonator") is straight not bent.

sounds like an easy modification and a great price on a damaged unit!!! Hope it works out

Back