Glove Box Door

There is some sort of spring or damper on the glove box, which releases the cover slowly. I think mine has broken, as the glove box door just drops like a rock now. Easy fix?
Thanks.

There is some sort of spring or damper on the glove box, which releases the cover slowly. I think mine has broken, as the glove box door just drops like a rock now. Easy fix?
Thanks.

Nope, and I say this because I tried to take my glove box door off, so I could install a glove box light, well let's just say, I left the door on and used an L shape drill to drill the hole.

Sorry for crappy picture, but here it is done, not that hard, there is a lot of space above and behind the GB, wonder why Mazda WASTED all that space back there, Gurrrrrr.

sa3d0011.jpg

I'd take your Mazda 5 to the dealer and ask them to check it, that DASH / GLOVE BOX gave me a massive fight, luck to got it back in right spots, whew! (boom06)

Peace!(rei)

I love all the space in the glove box. Different shelves for different items. Room for more crap than I usually carry and just about enough room for what my wife needs for the afternoon:)
OUCH

Back