Sudden brake; headlights, dashboard panel turned off - HELP

kayahead

Hi all,

I am a brand new CX9 owner and not sure if this is a problem or if this is normal. I am driving along on my FIRST DAY out with the vehicle, when I had to slam on the brakes...as I did that, the lighting on the dashboard panel went out, as did the headlights. Is this normal?? To get the lights up and runnign again, I actually had to PULL OVER and re-start the car. Has anyone else had this happen? How do I deal with it or prevent it from happening again? I woudl really HATE to start having problems with my car so early in its lifespan!

Thanks for any help on this

Loose wirings.
Check fuse box first. Secure them if not.
Other than that. Dealer is where I would bring it to.
Sorry that this happen. Hopefully it is as simple as loose fuses.

Hi all,

I am a brand new CX9 owner and not sure if this is a problem or if this is normal. I am driving along on my FIRST DAY out with the vehicle, when I had to slam on the brakes...as I did that, the lighting on the dashboard panel went out, as did the headlights. Is this normal?? To get the lights up and runnign again, I actually had to PULL OVER and re-start the car. Has anyone else had this happen? How do I deal with it or prevent it from happening again? I woudl really HATE to start having problems with my car so early in its lifespan!

Thanks for any help on this

hmm that sounds really odd. in the 1st month of my cx-9 i also had to slamm the breaks but it was normal, no lights turning off. at first i though you had blown a fuse but then you mentioned the lights go back on when you restart the car is weird. i would go to ur dealer asap and get it checked out. or maybe someone here has had that experience and can help you out.

Back