• hell yea new turbos are expensive

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • yea if u have the extra money

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters

suffolkspeed6

:
mazdaspeed 6
this is for all u that want to know how to install a hks turbo timer and are sick of searching for it on the forums. this is not for people critisizing turbo timer users because in all reality turbo timers are cheaper then new turbos.

step 1. buy a type =o/ type= 1 tt and universal wiring harness from hks

2. remove three screws from under the steering column under and pull the top section off of the sterring column

3. open steering column mover and pull out the bottom section.

4. remove the stock electircal tap wrapped around all the wire which leads down the column

5. separate the three main wires from the rest of the bunch on the left side of the column they are all 12 gauge wires (they ar fat wires that hang on the bottom of all the rest of the wires there are about five fat wires "12gage" u one use the three slotted below the three that u need are listed below)

the ignition is a solid light blue wire
the acsseory is a black wire with a red strip down it
the power is black wire with a yellow strip down it

for more wiring answers go to

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~96409

6. the univeral wiring harness for hks tt wire lay out:

the blue wire is
the red wire is power
the green wire is the accessory
disregard the second green wire and tie it to the other wires

7. with the supplied splicer peices splice the wires together correcty blue to blue, green to accessory, red to power

8. to splice together lay wires in intended slots then using a pair of plairs clamp wires down with the metal tooth bitting down on both wires.

9. with electrical tap tap everything up together again.

10. connect harness to supplied deck

11. unbolt the nut holding up the steering column on the left side and but the black ground cable that runs from the tt deck and rebolt the nut with the ground cable under the nut.

12. pul center consoled out along with shifter console
to remove center console simply pull on e-brake section then pull on shifter console to remove aswell

13. run the supplied brake cable under the interior through the center console and splice with splice connector to the brown e-brake wire that is located directly under the e-brake and runs from it.

14. plug in the screen TEMPORARILY!

15. turn car on and check screen voltage should be shown
turn car off and tt should activate
if not check wiring connection

16. run screen to your where ever u want it to rest

17. reinstall center console sections

18. screw in screws again

19. enjoy ur new mode

sorry about not having pics camera broke and thanks for the fix boostedspd6

Last edited:
oh sorry i went to doble checkl when i wrote it and forgot to type it in the blue wire on the harness is ignition and sorry my camera broke or i would have pice

i was thinking the same thing..if u have the credit card key and want to lock the car ud have to wait the 30 seconds to a minute or whatever u set the timer too..to lock the car anyways so why have one.. unless u want to lock it manually with the button on the drivers door or with the key but personally id forget to do it all the time.

sorry i cant answer that i have a sport model and use a key but it does lock when i lock it it just dosent honck when i press it twice like it would when the car is off

I'll be honest, for a how-to this is really hard to follow. Pics would really help, especially in the case of wiring. Also, I'm not sure why there's a poll for a how-to...

I'll be honest, for a how-to this is really hard to follow. Pics would really help, especially in the case of wiring. Also, I'm not sure why there's a poll for a how-to...

i dunno it seems easy to follow... im going out to try it right now and see how easy it is to follow.. ill leave it up for him to the post the pics.

i tried making this the easiest possible thing to understand and follow considering there are so many other how to's on this if u cant follow it be my guest try to do better then me and for any one that has any questions ill answer them asap

i tried making this the easiest possible thing to understand and follow considering there are so many other how to's on this if u cant follow it be my guest try to do better then me and for any one that has any questions ill answer them asap

i did it today and the only thing that might stump some people is the 3 wires to tap into near the center console..the ones u tap into are 12 guage wires the big ones in the bunch.. there are 5 of them u just need the 3 that is stated in the how to and from thier its pretty straight forward.u might want to add that in the first post. but other then that its awesome..if i can do it anyone can.

I Purchased a HKS turbo timer but ive been looking all over the place for a harness for my MS6 where should i look?

this is what i do.....after parking DONT turn off ur ride....look at ur radio/cd and just count down 30 sec from the time u look at it.....simple as that.....

this is what i do.....after parking DONT turn off ur ride....look at ur radio/cd and just count down 30 sec from the time u look at it.....simple as that.....

usually what i do too, but its people's choice to spend the extra cash for a little piece of mind.

also a great mod for forgetful people like me, usually im pretty good about remembering, if i drove spirited or long trips, to give it cooldown... or at least to ahve stayed out of boost at low speeds for a few minutes...

but every so often, i do forget. and the more i forget, the more risk i run.
so just for that reason i may end up with a turbo timer in the future, mebe.

appreciate the write-up.
I say not bad, but might wanna go through it for refinment, spelling, grammar, pictures, and a few more details here and there where it may seem unclear.

Back