Dockable DVD wireless headphones not working

cx9_IL

Anyone know the magic to get the wireless headphones to work that come with the dockable DVD system? Sound works fine through the FM connection and when undocked, the sound works fine thru the unit's speakers. But connected and not thru the car speakers, the headphones don't work. Checked batteries and made sure sitting in the back seat. Wireless headphones on Dodge required you to turn them on in the system but there doesn't appear to be anything to do that with these. HELP!!!

Update - headphones work if placed touching or within 1" of the right sensor on the docking unit on the ceiling. Replaced batteries and tried in my Caravan and they work fine in the Caravan so it's not the headphones but something to do with the docking unit.

yes, when docked I can get them to play when they are touching or within 1" of the sensors on the ceiling. I'm guessing that whatever drives the transmission of the signal is either not properly hooked up or just defective and not transmitting a strong enough signal to run the headphones :( Taking it back in to see what the dealer can see...

Back