2009 Mazda3 needs new transmission (w/only 2600 miles)...

genX

I purchased my Mazda 3 in October, 2008 and it only has 2,600 miles on it.

Monday, to my surprise two lights were lit that didn't belong. One was the "AT" light (automatic transaxle) and the other was in the RPM area that looked like an oil can. I called the dealership and was asked to bring it in. I was immediately given a loaner (rental) car. I called back later in the day and asked if it was fixed. The answer was they were working on it, but there are other things wrong that they are now working on. I had to go back to the dealership after work since I left my whole key ring and needed the rest of my keys. I was told that they were on the phone with Mazda in California and they weren't sure what all of the codes meant. I was also told I may need a new transmission.

Today, I called the dealership to see if my car was fixed. The service manager had to call me back and later told me they ordered a new transmission for my car and I should have it back by c.o.b. on Thursday.

Now, I'm frightened that this may end up being a lemon and hope nothing else goes wrong.

Do you have any suggestions regarding my warranty?

Should I ask that the warranty on my vehicle now be extended from the date the new transmission is installed?

Any thoughts are appreciated...

Thanks!

Well the warranty covers the car for 3 years 30k (or whatever it is the warranty you have)

the warranty wouldnt be extended just because you got something fixed under warranty. That would mean every single time you went in, you warranty would restart, which doesnt make any sense.

Before you jump to any conclusions, wait until you have the car back. If its still giving you issues than take it back. You should have no issues whatsoever.

Also, the mazda tech line is probably in california. Essentially they know and have at their disposal all the information for every model of mazda. Thats probably who they were calling. Its not that they (the dealership) are imcompetant, but they dont know everything. Especially if they dont do alot of heavy line (engines and transmissions) work. This means that problems like this dont happen often w/ mazda3s

I hope you are right NCZ13, but I still can't believe it. You don't expect this with a brand new vehicle.

Also, I don't believe the techs are imcompetent. I don't blame them at all.

I just had to get this information out there in case others were experiencing the same problem...

Thanks for your reply!

I hope you are right NCZ13, but I still can't believe it. You don't expect this with a brand new vehicle.

I just had to get this information out there in case others were experiencing the same problem...

Thanks for your reply!

try having your engine fall out after only 11k miles..

(glare)

That sucks Nutari.

I assume you were under warranty.

How's your Mazda now?

Gone. Lost my job a while back and had to dump it for $13k. (Blue book was around $18k. $23k left on the loan.)

nutari is referring to the 07 speed3 motor mount TSB. The mount would break causing the engine to fall on one side.

Its been fixed by now of course, and was only an issue on first product speed3s

nutari is referring to the 07 speed3 motor mount TSB. The mount would break causing the engine to fall on one side.

actually, its now proven to still be a problem on ALL MS3s produced up to date. There are reports from 09 users with fallen engines.

the recall part does not work and it still fails (in my case for example)

also, its a recall, not just a TSB

Nutari,

OUCH...That hurts!

So there was a recall part for the fallen engines? And it still doesn't work?

actually, its now proven to still be a problem on ALL MS3s produced up to date. There are reports from 09 users with fallen engines.

the recall part does not work and it still fails (in my case for example)

also, its a recall, not just a TSB

really. did not know that. thanks.

Nutari,

OUCH...That hurts!

So there was a recall part for the fallen engines? And it still doesn't work?

Yup. I got Mazda USA customer service to admit that their fix does not work and there are still failing mounts.

ANYWAY.. sorry to thread jack.

I really hope that this comes out good for you. You are already getting a new transmission with no questions asked. It seems lately that all new model Mazda's are just being rushed and alot of problems overlooked.

funny. that happened on my 05 MZ3 w/ 22k on it. it was lowered with a catback exhaust when the engine 'fell out'. they said i raced the car and caused the damage. denied my warranty. (screwy)

Stuff like this happens and is going to happen. Not every car is PERFECT. Lemon laws protect you if you continue to have problems. If you are worried about it and it is eating away at you then check your local lemon laws and then pursue that route if need be.

i had the same problem with my 08.5 2.3L M3. has the 5 speed sport auto. im a chrysler tech so i asked a lot of questions when the took it in. this was after 3500 miles btw. they said they had to call cali and fly someone in to diagnose it. the codes came up as a shift solonoid failure. it probably has something to do with the way these atx's are made. the torque converter is used with a clutch to shift, and is moved with the shift solonoid. if theres any hiccup in the shift solonoid at all, it could be pretty bad. however this is very rare and only happens in like 1 out of 10000 of these trannys. you should be fine now, i havent had any problems since.

s10wthe0ry--I'm so happy for you.

mazdaspeedster3--I've already checked the Lemon Law here. I know what I have to do, just in case.

Gothkid--thanks for your reply too. I'm sorry you went through the same.

Thanks everyone for your input!

:)

Thanks for your reply!

Ive just bought my 2010 Mazda 3 GT about 48 hours ago and it has 300 miles on it and tonight the AT and check engine light came on. NOT GOOD!!! I love it dearly but will be heading to the dealership tomorrow!! I hope its nothing SERIOUS!! I LOVE MY CAR!!!!

Back