NAV problems

TDC

Hi. We've had our 08 CX9 GTAWD for about a month now. When we initially looked it over at the dealership, the NAV system kept asking for "please insert map DVD". We asked the salesman and he promptly changed the DVD ROM (from another CX9) and it seemed to work fine afterwards. We've been able to use the NAVI a few times since. Over the past 10 days however, the same problem has come up. I've removed/reinserted the DVD ROM a few times and it still doesn't recognize it. I have called the dealership and they 've advised me to bring the car in.

Anybody with similar problems? Thanks for your advice.

Wow, that's the first I've ever heard of this problem posted on any of the messag boards. Sounds like a faulty DVD ROM drive to me...

I just brought home a new 2008 CX9 yesterday. I made the mistake of pushing the menu button that says cancel guidnence. If I push the same button again, it just stays the same and could use some help getting it to come back up again. I can't find anything in the Nav manual to bring that button back up on the screen. Not sure what it does. Nav still seems to be working.

Last edited:
treeguy4u,
I think the only way is to find the destination in the "Previous Destinations" and ask for guidance again. Once guidance is cancelled, there is no way known to me to get it back.

Thanks ceric, Turns out I was worried about nothing. I went to the dealership and went through the Navigation with the salesman. All I had to do is set the Nav for a destination somewhere. Then the cancel guidence button was back up and ready to use to cancel the destination I just put in, if I wanted to cancel it. I was afraid I had cancelled the program in the Nav. Thanks for your input.

Back