Mazda3 Stalling ...

BAVA_G

Hi: I am new here ....

Purchased a brand new Mazda3 Hatch back 3 years ago.

Last week it started stalling and showed the engine amber light and went dead on the road. After numerorus ignations ...was able to start it and drove back home. It do not stall on reversing.

I purchased a damn new car assuming I will ride it for 5/6 years with no issues ....Did I buy the wrong car or make??? I am taking it to the dealership soon.

People are telling me there are issues with Mazda 3 hatch back and Sedan????

Should I return this car and do not buy it back?

Get the Code read at an Autozone, or any other place like that. Post up the code and someone should be able to help.

Might get some better responses if you post it in the regular 3 forum.

Also if you include the engine you have, you say hatch but looks like you have the base grill, so might be from another country?

it's a simple fix if a mechanic look at it, you bought a new car three years back, today it is a used car, things will start wearing out.

Check your Car Battery, that same thing happened to my Lancer when I used it after 4 years. Same symptoms as yours. I swapped out to a new battery it fixes the issue. But if you car still new then take it to the dealer for free checkup. :)

It's not the end of the world if your 3-year old car broke down on you. Breathe in, breathe out.

Expecting ANY car to be guaranteed trouble-free is just not realistic. You're gonna be in a serious world of financial hurt if you keep trading in your cars every time something goes wrong.

Now go do what normal ppl do and get your car fixed. Or do you need us to tell you how to do that too?

Good luck returning a three-year-old car, 'specially one with ignations.

Thanks all for your input.

I will post the codes/results soon ..its at the dealership in since yesterday.

Its not in warranty any more ....but I had a case opened with Mazda as it was gulping way tooo much fuel as compared to other Mazda3 Hatchbacks.

Yes, it also showed the battery light too.

What is MAF sensor and connector?

ok ...Mazda is saying ...they need to replace the Mass Airflow Censor ...... what would have cause this? How much is the cost I am looking at ...????

Not too sure how much it would cost you to have them replace it but a dirty intake filter might have caused this to fail. You could try cleaning it with MAF Sensor cleaners and see if that solves your problem and hopefully it's not damaged.

jam .... could there be other reasons other than a dirty intake filter .... because mazda is not able to diagnose what caused it ...they simply said could be many reasons ...

Honestly I'm not sure.

Could it be loose?
Maybe someone done some engine work and perhaps damaged it?
Maybe some damage to the wires?

You could try contacting a local sponsor to help you source the problems and possibly source a replacement for you.

these sensors are all electronic parts, they will just die on you without any specific reason, how many miles are on your car? and what is your service intervals?

54,000 clicks and service every 5KM.

ok ..they charged me $200 all together ....and gave me the car back.

I hope it does not stall any more ....like it use to do before the sensor was replaced. Yes, when I use to start up my car it use to jump up and down ....like it was stalling but never died on me or engine light never showed up.

Back