Intermitten horn honking!

I love my Mazda 5 but it has this problem which my dealer can't diagnose. It will, at random, intermittenly honk the horn. While at the same time my dashboard lights flash and there's a clicking noise simultaneously like the turn signal sound. I don't know if it is related, but one of the passenger door locks continues to stick and not open with either the remote or the electronic door locks. My dealer tells me they can't diagnose the problem unless they see it happening. It happens at random, so the likelihood of it happening while in the shop is miniscule. My warranty is running out! Please help!

I love my Mazda 5 but it has this problem which my dealer can't diagnose. It will, at random, intermittenly honk the horn. While at the same time my dashboard lights flash and there's a clicking noise simultaneously like the turn signal sound. I don't know if it is related, but one of the passenger door locks continues to stick and not open with either the remote or the electronic door locks. My dealer tells me they can't diagnose the problem unless they see it happening. It happens at random, so the likelihood of it happening while in the shop is miniscule. My warranty is running out! Please help!

sounds like a short... you may be in line for a wire harness. Ensure it is logged ten fold as this my only get worse before getting better.

Intermittent problems have to be FOUND. That's what a good tech is paid for.

You may have to go above your local dealer to Mazda USA direct.

Thanks

Thanks to both of you who replied. I'm off to the dealership tomorrow to get both problems resolved. wouldn't you know it the locks worked perfectly while I was on the lot, and then later that day didn't work at all!!!!

I hate it when that happens.
MM

Get out the video camera.

A dealer should be able to trace the wiring with diagrams. Heck, even I can do it.

Back