Jacking points

Status
Not open for further replies.

tb88

Does anyone have a diagram or picture of the jacking points for a hydraulic jack? I don't want to lift it in the wrong spot and cause any damage.

Thanks

Does anyone have a diagram or picture of the jacking points for a hydraulic jack? I don't want to lift it in the wrong spot and cause any damage.

Thanks

I don't have a diagram readily at hand but...

The side jacking points are shown in the owner's manual and are fairly easy to find. There are two other jacking points not shown in the owner's manual but are listed in the Mazda Service manual.

The front one is located on the engine cradle. It's a flat, square spot with a hole dead center of it on the front end of the cradle. You can put the jack pad against it and lift the front end.

If you have AWD, there is a rectangular mounting block on the back edge of the differential housing that you can put the jack pad against to lift the rear end up. If you don't have AWD, the mounting plate for the differential and rear suspension arms is the spot to lift at - it's the plate the rear differential mounts to located ahead of the where the exhaust pipe Y's off to each side.

I've used both to raise my 9 up so I can put jack stands under the side lift points to raise the whole vehicle up to rotate the tires.

These two lift points also facilitate putting the vehicle up on blocks so you can steal the wheels and tires quickly and efficiently all at once... a nice side benefit. (laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

Last edited:
Whoever gets their wheels stolen because of this post, please let us know if they indeed used those jacking points.

I just can't believe it's easier to come here and ask rather than read the owner's manual on something like that.

Whoever gets their wheels stolen because of this post, please let us know if they indeed used those jacking points.

I just can't believe it's easier to come here and ask rather than read the owner's manual on something like that.

Off our meds again, are we?

You have just got to be kidding.

The jacking points are published in both the owners manual and the Mazda Service manual, they are hardly deep, dark secrets.
Wheels and tires have been getting stolen long before the Internet existed and I hardly think a seasoned or even mediocre thief is going to waste their time searching the Internet for something they already know all too well.
Besides that, someone looking to boost a set of wheels isn't going to give a rats ass where they jack the vehicle up - they'll just do it as quickly and easily as possible.

As things are today the chances are a whole lot better that the catalytic converter is going to get ripped off and you don't even have to jack up a CX9 to do that.

Keep tiltin' at the windmills, Quixote.

Last edited:
Totally missed my point

I doubt it, but just to humor you...

You've ranted here before about people being too lazy to read their owner's manual so that part is obvious. Your sarcastic remarks about stealing were intended to be humorous but they missed the mark, by a wide margin.
I did say you've got to be kidding and my last sentence in the first post should have given you the hint. The rest was simply for effect, think satire in contrast to your sarcasm.

It's one thing to do that to someone who's been here a while and knows the personalities around the joint. It's something else to do it to someone who's got a whole three posts, the other two talking about the winter tires he just bought from Tire Rack. Let's just put new members off on the place, shall we?

I decided to help somebody new here instead of taking a cheap shot at them because their question happened to go against the grain of your personal dogma.

So, I don't think I missed your point but you, apparently, missed mine.

Last edited:
Boo Hoo. These forums are here for owners and potential buyers to exchange useful information, either not included, or as well detailed, in the owner's manual.

Yes, I have a problem with anyone who fills up the forum with dumb questions because they are too damn lazy to read their owners manual. And if they don't have an owners manual on a car this new, then I DO suspect their motives for asking such a basic question.
So if someone asks how to start a CX9 without the chip key, you will go ahead and provide a detailed explanation of how to bypass the sensor?

I have been as friendly and helpful on legitimate issues as anyone here, so to focus on my 'rants' about a relative few is unfair.

Kosh,

Thanks for the informative reply. I appreciate it.

This is my wife's car and did not feel like hunting down her car to read the manual so I took the easy way, I guess. I will review that part before I put her snows on.

You are right that these forums are to help fellow owners and not leave useless and negative comments. I will still continue to visit here and look for useful info and hopefully not waste anyone's time.

Boo Hoo. These forums are here for owners and potential buyers to exchange useful information, either not included, or as well detailed, in the owner's manual.

Yes, I have a problem with anyone who fills up the forum with dumb questions because they are too damn lazy to read their owners manual. And if they don't have an owners manual on a car this new, then I DO suspect their motives for asking such a basic question.
So if someone asks how to start a CX9 without the chip key, you will go ahead and provide a detailed explanation of how to bypass the sensor?

I have been as friendly and helpful on legitimate issues as anyone here, so to focus on my 'rants' about a relative few is unfair.

Unfair? Hardly. Friendly? When it suits you.

You've taken more rude, cheap shots at people on this forum than anyone else here. In most instances it's simply because someone doesn't happen to share your personal perspective on a subject. I don't suppose it ever dawned on you that if you don't have anything positive or useful to say on a subject that you simply say nothing?

Your comparing explaining jacking points to explaining how to bypass the security chip is absurd in the extreme. There's no comparison between the two. It's just a lame excuse to try and justify your weak position.

Calling his question dumb is even more obnoxious. Not everyone is equally gifted mechanically and what's obvious to some isn't obvious to others. Some folks need assistance, or a point in the right direction, so they ask questions of those that have experience or resources. His question was basic, but not dumb.

Answer me one question (which I'm sure you'll think is dumb): Just who, might I ask, died and declared you content arbiter of this forum? Last time I looked I didn't see the moderator designation on your profile.

To tb88: Your welcome. :)

Last edited:
Dumb Dumb Dumb. The question had nothing to do with mechanical ability. It had to do with being too lazy to open the owner's manual and read it, which every owner should do every time they buy a new car.

I come here to help people who may not be as mechanically inclined as I am, or to get advice from someone else on an issue. No one should have to sift through a bunch of stupid lazy posts to get real information. If you read all of my posts, you will find that plenty of people have benefited from my advice, and have no problem with me because what they sought was reasonable.

for example, I'm tired of having my family's safety put at risk because some punk thinks he looks cool with his driving lights on, or has ridiculously bright bulbs in his headlights. So when I see someone ask how to rewire them so they can turn them on when they shouldn't be on, I am going to say something. I only look like a jerk because most people don't have the balls to stand up for anything anymore.

So kick me out, or get used to it

Last edited:
Dumb Dumb Dumb. The question had nothing to do with mechanical ability. It had to do with being too lazy to open the owner's manual and read it, which every owner should do every time they buy a new car.

Like I said in a previous post, it is my wife's car. She works days and I work nights so I don't get a chance to look at the manual. Silly me for asking a quick question. If this was my car I would have read the manual and not need to ask this.

I come here to help people who may not be as mechanically inclined as I am, or to get advice from someone else on an issue. No one should have to sift through a bunch of stupid lazy posts to get real information. If you read all of my posts, you will find that plenty of people have benefited from my advice, and have no problem with me because what they sought was reasonable.

for example, I'm tired of having my family's safety put at risk because some punk thinks he looks cool with his driving lights on, or has ridiculously bright bulbs in his headlights. So when I see someone ask how to rewire them so they can turn them on when they shouldn't be on, I am going to say something. I only look like a jerk because most people don't have the balls to stand up for anything anymore.

So kick me out, or get used to it

Oh, you mean like my standing up to your rude, obnoxious approach?

Believe me, I'd kick you out if I were a moderator. You're typically what's known as a troll. You make provocative remarks and then when you get called on them you use the old who? little 'ol me? response.
If you just gave your opinion it would be one thing but no, you have to make it personal by attacking someone with colorful little words like moron, idiot, dumb. Do you get your jollies putting others down?

I find it interesting you've had nothing to say in response to the comments addressed to you in the lighting thread you're referring to. A few of the remarks hit a little too close to home perhaps? I don't suppose it occurred to you that you killed any credibility your position might have had there by lobbing your epithets? No, I suppose not.

I'm not goin' away either, so you better get used to it, angry kayak person.

We are hoping to increase the traffic in the CX-9 section of the forum. Jumping on people for asking questions is definately not the way to do that. Yes, the info was in the owners manual, but it's not like that question had ever been discussed here before. It's different if someone asks this question in the Protege section where there is already 20 threads discussing it that can be found by a simple search.

Being that "most" CX-9 owners are a little more mature than some of the other sections of the forum I tried to stay out of this hoping it would resolve itself or we would move on to other things. Apparentlly that's not going to happen.

I would like us to welcome new members with open arms in the future. It really would have been very simple to just ignore this thread if it was bothering you. It's not like there so much traffic in the CX-9 section that there's 100's of post to go through everytime you log on.

tb88, welcome aboard!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back