Re-buffing by Dealer

:
mazda5
Hey guys thanks for this wonderful and informative forum. Somewhere here I've read about rail dust sticking to th car paint during train transport and eventually corroding. I got my car beginning of this winter and never thought that this will happen, After cleaning and waxing my 5, yes I noticed some rust spots/dots EVERYWHERE, so I contacted my dealer and mentioned about this and they say that Mazda will fix this as I am warrantied from paint defects. At first they want me to pay for the rental but I said its covered by my extended warrantee. So I have them see and inspect the severity of the damage and they say to schedule it next week and they will have professionals do and rebuff the exterior and will also provide for the rental no charge.

gah.

the industrial fallout has will be clayed out... and i guarantee all the "professional" will do is run a rotary polisher with a giant wool pad, and a glaze loaded with fillers (which dont remove anything, just fill in the swirls) any in 2 weeks, youll see all the defects after the glaze has worn away.

It needs be wash at least 2 times , then use Riccardo Clay that you can buy in Canada. You might have to clay at least 2 times but it should do it. When your finish i would like to buy some Riccardo that's left over from you. Can't buy it in the states because of Patent Issue's. Hope this helps out.

=O

never touch anything that has touched the ground to your paint.

idc what the product says it does. dont do it...

=O

never touch anything that has touched the ground to your paint.

idc what the product says it does. dont do it...

He said drop it on the ground and wash it out. It is not a traditional clay bar that once you drop it, it's done.

That is right, it is a solid flexible clay and once drop on the floor it can be washed. It is not like a clay that when dropped grabs everything there. And it comes why a synthetic lube liquid that is quit impressive. Search clayblock on google and it is from chemicalguys or something like that

while alot of the detailers on the forums im on use CG products... and i know that they are a trusted brand... this still has me skeptical... and theres nothing on the CG site about it dropping on the floor and it can be washed.

Got to use the sponge block from CG last yr and it's ok for lite claying. But i would rather stick to reg. clay bars. It use to say on their site that if you drop it then just wash it out. But i wouldn't even think to use it after it fell to the ground.

Got the car the other day. Swell its clean its smooth. maybe they did clay it. All the rust spots/rail dust are gone. ZOOOOMMM ZOOOOOMMMMM (wrc)(drive2). I missed my 5 driving that slow 3 sedan for 2 days.

Back