Where is Cabin Air Filter Located?

"Behind the glovebox" as in you need to take the glovebox out to replace the air filter?

(If anyone is attempting this it sure would be great to get some photos!)

"Behind the glovebox" as in you need to take the glovebox out to replace the air filter?

(If anyone is attempting this it sure would be great to get some photos!)

Have you looked at the glovebox yet to see how it can be removed? I'm sure it's a simple operation.

The back of the glovebox is a door. Push the 2 tabs on top
and pull it off. The filter is behind the white plastic door.
There's a tab on the left hand side to take that off. The filter just slides
in and out of that white plastic housing.

The back of the glovebox is a door. Push the 2 tabs on top
and pull it off. The filter is behind the white plastic door.
There's a tab on the left hand side to take that off. The filter just slides
in and out of that white plastic housing.

Thanks! That's exactly the info I was looking for!

I've had my CX-9 since July 2007 and have never changed this filter. It must be gross. How much does the air filter cost?

If you want to two stage the filter look for filter wrap (comes in a box) in the fan/air purifier seciton at walmart or the like then you can the carbon fiber to the dirty side or if you buy a fresh one the side that gets the air first adn you can have the air system of a Lexus, Caddie ect.. I did this on my altima in additon to an ionizer in the cabin and it seemed to keep things normal smelling, not covered up stinky.

Changed my cabin filter today. Below photo shows how dirty it got in 13 months/10,000 miles.

CabinFilter.jpg

The photo on the mazdaparts.org is wrong.
When I got mine, I was stunned. Indeed, you should change the cabin air filter every 15K. It could get very dirty depending on where you have travelled.

Any idea why it costs so much to change that part. The MotorTrend long term update post mentioned that they had to replace theirs and that that service cost a lot extra by my math. They mentioned like $60 for oil changes and somehow four oil changes added up to $400.

Changed my cabin filter today. Below photo shows how dirty it got in 13 months/10,000 miles.

CabinFilter.jpg

Yeah, that's what mine looked like after a year. surprising because I don't drive in dusty conditions here in the Northeast. $20 once a year ain't bad. I'll try to remember to change it every time I get an inspection sticker.

Also great to know where the fuse box is! I had no idea and had not even thought about locating it before. Now I know.

Thanks to all for the heads up on the cabin air filter. After 1 1/2 years and 12500 miles it was as bad as any picture that has been posted.

All California and Arizona highways, but than again, California roads are not in very good shape and will be getting worse.

I purchased through http://www.mazdaparts.org/mazda-cx9-cabin-air-filter.html

I am very please with the price and quick shipping. I will replace the filter every other oil change from now on.

Regards

Tom

California roads...makes you wonder what they do with all those high registration fees.
They use it to pay more people to figure out how to fix the roads...duh

California roads...makes you wonder what they do with all those high registration fees.

With a movie star Governor who put all his friends in 6 figure jobs and a state who gives money to any one who claims welfare, and free health care for illegals and on and on.

It is very easy to balance the States budget. Stop giving money to people who don't want to work and sit home and have more kids and claim more welfare.

Its no wonder California is broke with bad roads.

Just my .02c for now

If this doesn't open a can of worms, I don't know what will.

Just changed mine. Mine was dirtier than the pic shown by Force-1.
Amazing. Mine has only 16K on it. It is probably better to change that every 10K. For $12 and 1 minute labor, anyone can do it when one feels bored.

Back