OZ CX9 Xenon Kit Fantastic

scubasteve

:
CX9 Luxury Sparkling Black Sand Leather
Hello everyone,

I just had to share with you all one of the best upgrades I have ever done. I would not be writing this if I was not blown away with the outcome.
Let me share.....

$1500 later - "the best money I have ever spent !! " - I can now see everything on the road as if it was day time. Ok... I"ve been looking for some time for a Xenon light upgrade for my CX9 because the oz spec does not have it.
When you spend just over 60k for your car, you want the best lighting.

What I found after months of research is possibly one of the best Xenon light kits on the market, Now I can say this becauce last night I compared my xenons to that on a new BMW 5 searies and let me tell you, Not only was it much brighter, meaning alot more light on the road, but they even made the Bmw's lights look yellow. I was blown away !!! WOW !!!

What I bought was a 6000k Sport Kit from a company called XENONOZ. They're based in Brisbane and my kit was made in Germany. I highly reccomend having a look at their website xenonoz.com

I could never go back to standed halogen lights again. It was like driving without having your lights on. Have a look at my before and after pics.
I'm just someone who found a great product and wanted you all to know about it. If your looking to upgrade your lights to a xenon kit then look no more. The guy to contact is Frank, he is a lighting engineer and really knows his stuff. If you ring him just mention Steve in Brisbane - Black Cx-9 and he'll know exactly what your after haha.

The install is so easy. Xenonoz organised the install and they where such a pleasure to deal with. You can't even see the balasts. Well I hope this helps you all. Great Forum. Take care.

Attachments

• IMG_2768.JPG
    IMG_2768.JPG
    690.8 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_2774.JPG
    IMG_2774.JPG
    467.3 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_2809.JPG
    IMG_2809.JPG
    454.7 KB · Views: 469
Is it really necessary to spend that kind of coin on new headlights for the CX9? I find the factory lights quite bright already, better than any other vehicle I've owned. Am I missing something here? (shrug)

XENON HID lamps are 35 watts while traditional halogen bulbs are 55 watts. Even though XENON HID lamps draw less current, they produce 3 times the light output as the higher wattage halogen bulbs. Increasing the wattage will make the bulb a little brighter but still much dimmer that the XENON HID lamps.

XENON HID lamps are designed to last for the life of your vehicle. They will run for over 2000 hours.

$1500 later - "the best money I have ever spent !! " - I can now see.

Your upgrade looks good scubasteve but for me $1500 is a bit of a waste.......I reckon I've driven our CX9 at night maybe 3 times in the last 4 months and that has been around well lit city streets anyway.

Each to their own I guess but I would rather spend some dough on ways to improve my fuel economy.....A piggyback ECU that can alter fuel mapping, air mixture, power curves, improve torque etc.
Unichip, TSI, Powerchip, someone will bring a chip to the market soon for the CX9?

hey aussiecx9 we are heading to unity with $US but quite not there yet. Currency more like 1.00$AUS=0.94$US which becomes 1.00$US=1.06$AUS. Still great time for travelling OS with $AUS so strong....or more the case $US weak.

I can't see myself spending that sort of money either. I hate bright headlights. Not on my own car but on other cars driving towards me. Cars that have modified headlights are very obvious and very annoying.

Glad you like it! So the stock AU CX7 did not come with projectors? Was it halogen projectors or halogen reflectors? Did you look into getting a US OEM headlamp set since they are xenon as well?

any HID upgrade is better than halogen. Yours came out pretty good altough I see some hot spots and stray lights. But for $1500, I could have retrofitted a Acura TL HID system over here, which would give a perfect cutoff line with a pretty purple hue at the top :)

Hey scubbie,

Did you look at upgrading the reversing lights ... there are some posts about this on this site ... anyway just interested as I am Brisvegas and looking for some local market stuff.

Back