Neo iPod adapter ???

It sure would be good if this works. You mention that it works with the nav system. I wonder if that means it will work for those of us that have the LCD but do not have nav (all Australian CX-9 owners)?

I'm looking for a solution that allows me to control the iPod using the touch screen, ie album/song selection etc.

I e-mailed this company to ask about just what this device could do in a CX-9 and have so far not had a response. If that is their idea of customer service then I doubt I will be ordering anything from them whether it works or not.

Last edited:
Anyone know about either of these Ipod integration kits?

Audio link: http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=142
Dice: http://diceelectronics.com/ipod_integration.htm

I have a CX-9 Touring, Bose 6 CD changer no Nav or Sat.
Ideally I'd like an integration kit that would allow me to use the radio/steering wheel controls plus show the ipod 'now playing' text on the radio display.

Got an answer on the Audio link:
You will be able to use the steering wheel controls to control your iPod, but the text will not display on the head unit.

neo prolink adapter....works with steering controls and displays names on the HU. I have it on my speed 3. Install was a cinch...great product.

neo prolink adapter....works with steering controls and displays names on the HU. I have it on my speed 3. Install was a cinch...great product.
When you say the Head Unit do you mean just the top orange display or the LCD? Trying to navigate 500 albums on a single line display would be quite a task. On the LCD it should be able to display at least 10 albums and still be able to touch them without selecting the wrong one.

the small LCD....u wont navigate songs...ull make playlists and play shuffle or not shuffle. It will display the current track/playlist/album/ect...depending on your preset which you have to set up and can change on the fly...but it wont be like itunes where u see all your songs obviously lol

Hmmm. Doesn't sound like its for me then.

I never saw the point of playlists and therefore don't have any. All I want to do with the iPod is play an album of my choice. To do that I want to see a list of the albums on the iPod (about 500 of them) and choose it from the list.

I wonder why they can't just give us an interface on the LCD that resembles the iPod's own interface? Not all the bells and whistles but basic things like being able to select an album or an artist etc.

I think I will need it. For now it looks like I will have to stick with using the AUX input and just controlling everything from the iPod itself. It just seems like such a waste to have the 7" LCD only showing two words .... "AUX" and "Sound".

Hopefully someone will come out with something that integrates the iPod properly.

Anyone know about either of these Ipod integration kits?

Audio link: http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=142
Dice: http://diceelectronics.com/ipod_integration.htm

I have a CX-9 Touring, Bose 6 CD changer no Nav or Sat.
Ideally I'd like an integration kit that would allow me to use the radio/steering wheel controls plus show the ipod 'now playing' text on the radio display.

[I've emailed them; will post here when I hear back]

Got an answer from Dice Electronics:

As long as your radio has the SAT option but does not have the Satellite installed our Mazda-R2 kit should work just fine for you. It will allow you to control the iPod from the head unit and steering wheel controls and will also show track information on the radio display.

You might try searching a bit; this comes up over and over. Anywhere; here's my earlier feedback on the Dice module - what works and what's limited.

Dice Feedback

-Jeff

Thanks for the link. Actually, my inquiry to Dice was not exactly the same since I don't have a Nav system. I am hoping the Dice module will give me text through the standard radio; their answer to me implies it will.

good to hear more positive feeback. 07 speed, right?
i'm trying to organize a group buy for the neo prolink on another forum, and gathering as much feedback as i can. seems that the only issues currently are with the new 2008.5 models.

edit:
if anyone's interested in one at a discounted price, check out
mazda 3 forums dot com/index.php?topic=108739.0

Last edited:
Had a Neo installed. Other than running through the SAT system and charging, there was no "interface" to speak of -- I couldn't control squat with my Bose system. I was living fine with that for a month, but this morning, out of the blue, it stopped working. The ipod runs through another car's interface, so it's not the ipod.

Not happy.

FiveG

Neo ProLink iPod adaptor

I had a BMW Z-4 with an amazing factory installed iPod adaptor that I used with my iPhone. So when my lease was up and I got a Miata, I asked the dealer to install "an iPod adaptor" thinking it might be something like what I had with the BMW. It turned out they said they didn't know anything about them and getting one and installing it took quite some doing for them only to find out that the one they installed wouldn't work with my iPhone display and I couldn't tell which song was playing next or choose which I wanted to play. It worked with my steering wheel control but I wanted to look at my iPhone to see the display of what was playing, which it wasn't capable of. After researching online, I got a Neo ProLink and it's perfect for the iPhone. The installer, who was a Neo dealer, said that he didn't want to install it because he didn't think it would work the way I wanted it to. I convinced him to try since Neo said it would. I think it's the best out there. I still have the one from the dealer if anyone wants it. It seems like it works like some of the others I have seen on the 'net thought I have no idea what brand it is.

Back