Installing an Bazooka Tube

molly_lenore

:
2006 Mazda5 Sport uh.. wagon? van? car? what is it, REALLY?!
Sorry if anyone has asked this before but I did a forum search and found nothing except for someone mentioning the Bazooka Tube to someone asking what could be used as a sub.....

I just want to know if anyone here has done it.
I had a 200watt 8" bazooka in my chevy cavalier...just sold the chevy this week and bought the Mazda5 yesterday...I am loving everything about this car, the bazooka fits sideways in the rear perfect but uh... I don't know if i'm going to be able to wire this thing by myself...Matter of fact, probably won't be able to be wired at all. DAMN. DAMN. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN.

P.S. should say "A BAZOOKA TUBE" not, "AN"...I swear my grammar is ok i'm just TIRED. ;)

Last edited:
First, welcome to the site! Glad you are enjoying your 5. Second, I think the Bazooka can be wired into your car no problem but getting to the rear speaker wires is a PITA! I have a Rockford Fosgate 10" Punch series amplified tube that I keep thinking about installing but haven't got around to it yet. Personally I would take it to your local favorite audio installer and let them figure it out (while they tint the windows of course LOL)

Rear speakers = PITA....BINGO! haha That's where I stopped and said "whoooooa buddy.."

I am scared to have it installed by someone else, to be honest. When I had it in my Cavalier, it was done by Best Buy and the guy who did it..well.. he didn't do his $75 worth that's for sure. The wires that go from the stereo and battery were visible and sometimes I would get my foot tangled in them exiting my car :( When he lifted the rear seat to mount the ground to the chassi he broke the little clippy thing and that side of the rear seat sometimes would pop back up.

Would you recommend Circuit City instead or should I go to an independent shop (I hear the indie shops are usually better at that sort of stuff as they have usually been in that sort of business for a while whereas Best Buy and Circuit City = usually lazy teenagers not fully educated in their work)....

Thanks.

P.S. I just read your signature and notice you have interior L.E.D.s...what kind did you get? I'm thinking of getting those too..

You can grab the rear speaker wires close to the back of the head unit. Just run all the wires from the sub to the front of the car and connect everything there. I installed a powered sub under the passenger seat and did the same thing. Accessory and speaker connections @ HU and power to battery.

^^^What he said! I didn't even think of doing it that way. Yes you should go with an independent shop, Best Buy and Circuit City are usually (but not always) going to do sub-standard work. The LEDs are a direct replacement from SuperbrightLEDs.com they have a bulb looker-upper link on their website that will tell you everything you need to know.

Back