Any changes to the '08 NAV maps?

Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to compare the '07 and '08 NAV maps? I just bought (delivery this Saturday) an '08 GT AWD and have been hearing some not so good things about the maps on the '07's. I use TomTom on my Windows Mobile 6 PDA and it works really awesome so how bad is the Mazda version?

Regards,
Gordo

Hi,

I have no complaints about the maps on my '08 GT AWD. I've been using Destinator software on my Windows Mobile PDA and all I can say is that the NAV maps on my Mazda are work a lot more smoothly and load a lot faster. Sure the interface is a lot different, but I've been able to get from Ontario Canada to Virginia beach 24 hrs after picking up my vehicle without reading anything on how to use the NAV system. I have yet to encounter any glitches.

Cheers,
Al

I've been able to get from Ontario Canada to Virginia beach ..... without reading anything on how to use the NAV system.
Al,

Just wondering if you had to select another zone from Destination Entry / Map (change zone on the left hand side of the screen) after crossing the border or it was automatic.

How did you enter a US destination when Canadian map was set? Please give me some more details...

Thanks,

George

Back