Which is cheaper...

WaxiP5

:
05 Legacy GT + 03 Protege5
Ford Edge oil filter or the Mazda CX9 oil filter? I am assuming they have the same spec oil filter since they have the same engines. There is Ford dealer close to my house (5 miles) while the nearest Mazda dealer is probably 20 miles.

Ford Edge oil filter or the Mazda CX9 oil filter? I am assuming they have the same spec oil filter since they have the same engines. There is Ford dealer close to my house (5 miles) while the nearest Mazda dealer is probably 20 miles.

You tell us!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, found out the Ford oil filter only costs $7 while the Mazda one is $12. Anyone using the Ford filter here?

I wouldn't put a Fram on a bicycle. Buy a Napa Gold filter or a Wix... which is the same filter. I grew up in an auto parts store. You jjust have to trust me.

I wouldn't put a Fram on a bicycle. Buy a Napa Gold filter or a Wix... which is the same filter. I grew up in an auto parts store. You jjust have to trust me.

Ya can't just say something like that and not back it up LOL. There's a whole bunch of people who use fram. Must know why!! (silly) I use the fram extra guard (usually cause the fram regular stuff is always sold out) and change every 5000 miles.

If you ever cut opem filters you can see the diffeence. However, the Fram Xxtra guard is a OK filter. Traditonal Frams use paper end caps with a folded over joint allowing oil to pass through unfilter areas of the filter. Other high quality filter have metal end caps and have a metal clamp or adhesive where to two ends of the filter material meet. Fram uses a bend piece of what seems to be pop metal to hold the filter element against the inlet and outlet, while, lets say a Wix filter uses a heavy duty spring. It boils down to who spends money on their product and who spends money on their advertising. If you go to any bussiness with a fleet of heavy duty vehicles you'll see eith Wix, Napa Gold series, Donalson, or Baldwin filters. They search for these brands for a reason.

I would 2nd that most FRAM filters stink. I had used FRAM all my life until I saw the website of some guy that bought like 20 filters (different brands, same application) Cut all them open and look at the difference. That was like 2+ years ago, but I imagine FRAM's haven't stopped sucking since.

Tviera is correct, the WIX filters are pretty good. I would rate them probably some of the best money/value ratio. You can buy some that are better, but they come at a cost of like 10 bucks a filter, most of the WIX you can get for like 6. At least those were the prices on a previous car.

Back